Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear your news. You must be so worried. Contact yout GP to chase it up, or the PALS dept at the hospital. All you really need is name and dob, but NHS number would also help. X
Old 22 Oct 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
My mother had it and my sister. Sister had a mastectomy years back.

I wouldnt get the test done as they wanted a 30 minute consultation explaining the consequences even before the test.

Daughter gets tested in 2 years time.

Hopefully you can kick the relevant people into action and get tested for peace of mind.
I am trying to understand the sentence

I wouldnt get the test done as they wanted a 30 minute consultation explaining the consequences even before the test.

And only out of interest, what is it about this aspect that puts you off having the test that potentially could save a life? and I am really and truly just interested. I have a friend who’s waiting for the test as well?

OP. I am sorry for your loss. Others are correct your GP should have access to any communications

Edited at 06:49 AM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry for you loss. I have been tested and if I remember correctly... dr made the referral,I then received a phone call from great ormond street (not the childrnes hospital but the department in southend hospital) who made an appointment over the phone with me and then sent out a confirmation in the post.

I would start with your doctors and ask them to chase first. I hope you hear soon.

Edited at 04:04 PM.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sorry for your loss.

Agree with last poster, give your GP a ring and ask them to chase it up. If the appt has gone missing the GP may have received a letter saying you have not turned up to the appt and may need re referred from GP.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Sorry for you loss.

I have been going through the genetic process (up north though) and have just received my initial appoint for December. Supposedly it’s just blood tests and discussion but the appointment was within the 18week standard. I was referred through our breast unit on BC diagnosis but I would agree with the others about going back to your GP. They sent me a lot of paper work for family history and then permission to access relevant family members medical files. I hope you find answers soon. You have my thoughts xxx
Mackenzies03 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

So sorry for your loss. DMIL died of breast cancer as did her sister and mother. Dh female cousin got the test and found she was carrying the gene. She had a double mastectomy to ensure it didn’t happen to her but her sister hasn’t bothered getting tested.
daisymae is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

So sorry for your loss and your anxiety.
I have been going through something similar since last March & I found the best way to get something sorted asap is to get in touch with the relecant hospital PALS & voice your concerns (they are the Patient Liaison people at your relevant hospital you can call or email then check on the hospital website) I got something sorted within a couple of days once I got in touch with them.

Edited at 05:32 PM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I am trying to understand the sentence

And only out of interest, what is it about this aspect that puts you off having the test that potentially could save a life? and I am really and truly just interested. I have a friend who’s waiting for the test as well?
Im male, im a bit old fashioned in the way i didnt want to waste my GP's time so i rarely ever went, in fact i went over a decade without once making an appointment.

I do not want to sit and listen to the consequences of something that may be death then possibly get told after the test the worry was all for nothing because you're fine.

Tell about the test by all means, do the test, then if positive tell me the consequences.