Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Oct 19, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile “Happy tears, it’s all happy tears” Oct’19, Day 5 - Animal Kingdom Live

Hi everyone,

We woke up at 7.30 today and got ready and hit the bus stop at 8.30 and there was a bus waiting for us! We were really excited for Animal Kingdom as we had a fastpass for FOP for the first time.

We arrived in the park at 8.50 and Safari already had a wait of over 90 minutes so we went to Everest as this was showing 15 minutes, it was pretty accurate so we were off within 25 minutes. I got Sam back for bunny earring Charlie and I earlier in the holiday

We decided to go straight to our FP for FOP. Wow. We loved it and I notoriously hate simulator rides! Amazing and we are so happy we have another FP for Thursday.

After this we got our favourite 2 x pongo lumpia’s and a night blossom, I used 1 x QS credit to pay for the 3 snacks. I forgot to picture the night blossom so this is from google and is missing our glowing lotus flower

Charlie didn’t like the pongo lumpia so we got him a lion paw cookie which was really nice - I helpfully tried it for research purposes.

We then did our 2nd FP for Everest, Sam pulled a cool pose!

And we headed off to catch the train to Radikis planet watch for our 3rd fastpass. Animation experience.

First they showed us the breed of parrots responsible for inspiring Iago from Aladdin.

Then we were up to draw tick tock from Peter Pan in honour of national reptile day. We enjoyed this. None of us are natural artists at all and we were pleased with what we made. Top left our animator instructors, top right Sams, bottom left Charlie’s and bottom right mine:

We then got the train back and mobile ordered at Harambe for a chicken bowl and roasted vegetable bowl. We got a bud light with sangria and used a snack credit for a frozen passion fruit drink for Charlie.

We really enjoyed this as it felt like proper food. Whilst we were eating I booked a fastpass for Dinosaur for an hours time and after lunch we queued for Safari as it showed a 45 minute wait. This was more like 25 minutes and I was convinced we wouldn’t see anything as it was so hot at the middle of the day but I was wrong...

Safari done we headed over to Dinosaur and rode this. I love this ride. I think it’s great fun - my pic says different mind you!

I booked us another fast pass for Kali River rapids then as Sam really wanted to do it. We all got soaked which was welcomed as it was so humid and hot!

We then went over to it’s tough to be a bug which we all loved before heading over to our 5pm reservation for Restaurantosaurus burgers and sundaes at 5pm. Halfway there this happened..

We sheltered under a shopping station for 20 minutes and with no sign of it easing up we had to make a run for it for our reservation, I was in big trouble for saying “leave the ponchos it won’t rain today” this morning 😬😬

We were drenched but we got in and ordered our burgers, you sit in a roped off area and they bring the food, we went for 2 x American burgers, 1 x mushroom, Gouda and onion jam veggie burger and for our sides 2x fries and 1x onion rings. Sam and I had bud light and a margarita

We enjoyed this a lot. You get dinosaur stencils to draw on your paper tablecloths

And also a token for the sundae bar where you get 2 x scoops ice cream and then head to the toppings bar to create your own. There’s great toppings like cookies, brownies, Oreo, sprinkles, whipped cream and cherries

This was a great experience and a great use of 3 x QS credits, the food was great. A million times better than ABC the night before. I’d definitely recommend this one.

3 x very happy campers we headed back to the hotel and as the sun was back out we decided to head to the pool. Charlie loved hanging out in the dark at the dig site and I liked the hot tub very much indeed! We also played some table tennis before getting showered at 8 and going for a drink at the dahlia lounge intending to watch the fireworks, except the balcony was shut due to high winds damaging the lighting earlier so we couldn’t see anything. The lounge is stunning and we enjoyed our drinks, a glass of wine and a beer was $26.

On our way back across the lake we spotted a turtle!

And I’ll leave you with a photo of us with the tree of life- last time our pic went walkies so it’s great to have one at last!

Final stats for day 5 and the official half way point of our trip.

Steps - 23000
QS credits used - 6
Snack credits used - 1 (pitiful!)
Rides on the slide - too many to count
Great days had - 5!

Tomorrow we are back in the HS with their crappy tiering in the morning and Epcot until 11!

See you then 🥰
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Great day. I cant wait for FOP

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List