Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 12 Feb 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lifeisforliving
Earning My Ears

Mobile Swimming aids and swim wear for 2.5year old

As the title says he’s not confident in water so I’m stuck on what to get him? What’s the best products out there for safety etc? And best swim wear for a 2.5year old?

Many thanks in advance
Lifeisforliving is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Our grand children age 3 and 2 use puddle jumpers for the pool at the villa and swimming here much prefer them to vests although are almost ready to ditch them and just swim
Swim wear they both live in sun safe factor 50 rash guard swim shorts and t shirts even in the parks great for splash zones and water rides they dry so quick
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Swimwear, whatever they’re used to.

Safety wise Disney and Universal hotels and water parks have free to use life vests in a variety of sizes.
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We bought our LB a Paddle Pals vest when in Orlando in October and it is brilliant! (He was 23 months in this photo). We have just returned from a weekend in Center Parcs where he used it every time we went swimming. It's great as allows him to swim independently without being too restrictive.

Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Lisa that what ours wear when we went to Centre Parcs a couple of weeks ago everyone asked where we got them
They too were bought in Florida
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Lisa that what ours wear when we went to Centre Parcs a couple of weeks ago everyone asked where we got them
They too were bought in Florida
I was dubious that he would wear it but he totally proved me wrong and loves being in the water with it on! Such a great buy... it will definitely be coming to Portugal with us next month too!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

like said for that age puddle jumpers or similar are great

I always get the boys uv swim/rash tops as it helps protect them from the sun while in the water - I know you can get waterproof suncream but with the amount of time they spend in the water its not worth the risk.
You can get all in one uv suits but I find separates much more practical
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
AirNurse
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

100% PuddleJumper or similar. Can be picked up very easily in Florida pretty much anywhere -- Costco, Target, and Walmart will all have reasonably priced options. They allow lots of freedom of movement and keep their head up above the water. My kids hated life vests and refused to wear them, they often ride up in the front and the back.

The Florida sun can be so brutal, and it is so easy to lose track of time and forget to reapply sunscreen. We live near the beach, and my youngest still wears a suit with sleeves if we are at the beach or pool. Nothing ruins a vacation quite like a sunburn. My oldest has an aversion to getting water in her eyes, so she always wears goggles. Walmart and Target always have a good selection of them sized for small kids. Don't forget to put sunscreen on their ears! Neutrogena makes a great stick sunscreen specifically for wet kids, it's a lifesaver to quickly swipe them, goes on clear and absorbs easily. It's called Neutrogena Wet Skin Kids Water Resistant Sunscreen Stick and comes in a small bright aqua and green tube that looks like a mini deodorant.
AirNurse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gemsie0812
Very Serious Dibber

Gemsie0812's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My son lives in his puddle jumper, when we're round the pool! Give him so much more confidence and it's less restrictive
WC 2013,2020
Gemsie0812 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List