Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics
ResalesDVC
Unread 16 Dec 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Your most memorable Xmas and why...

34 years ago today, my baby boy was born. Takes me right back in an instant, i remember the day hour by hour in vivid detail.

That was such a special Xmas time i will never forget, especially when he first met his big sister...

What is yours?

Disney332

Edited at 09:58 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Excited about Disney

My best, and one of my worst, Christmases was 3 years ago. My little boy, born after I had spent most of December in hospital, was 1 week old and met all of the family. Unfortunately we also suddenly lost a close friend (natural death but completely unexpected) at the beginning of the month. So a very happy/sad affair.

He was so small, and now he is tearing around the house like a whirlwind. I have photos but don't remember very much from that year (I think that everything is a bit of a haze due to being tired - and that hasn't lifted yet!).

I bet that Xmas 34 years ago was fantastic for you = did his big sister ask Father Christmas for a baby brother or did she want to swap him for a bike?
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Probably my DS first Christmas in 1999. He would have been 10 months old and I can still picture his little face sitting in his high chair having his dinner.
His second Christmas is a favourite too as he had a little tikes car which he refused to get out of and ate his dinner sat inside it. Magical moments ❤️

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Here comes the bride
Unread 16 Dec 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post
Probably my DS first Christmas in 1999. He would have been 10 months old and I can still picture his little face sitting in his high chair having his dinner.
His second Christmas is a favourite too as he had a little tikes car which he refused to get out of and ate his dinner sat inside it. Magical moments ❤️
I love that! They are so funny sometimes.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
My best, and one of my worst, Christmases was 3 years ago. My little boy, born after I had spent most of December in hospital, was 1 week old and met all of the family. Unfortunately we also suddenly lost a close friend (natural death but completely unexpected) at the beginning of the month. So a very happy/sad affair.

He was so small, and now he is tearing around the house like a whirlwind. I have photos but don't remember very much from that year (I think that everything is a bit of a haze due to being tired - and that hasn't lifted yet!).

I bet that Xmas 34 years ago was fantastic for you = did his big sister ask Father Christmas for a baby brother or did she want to swap him for a bike?
At the time, i think my little pony and a wendy house would have won, but all these years later they have an inseparable bond.

Enjoy Xmas 2019

Disney332

Edited at 11:50 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

My daughters first Christmas, she was 9 months old, didn't have a clue what it was about but loved opening her presents, She also discovered stuffing balls that year, she was baby led weaned and ate 8 stuffing balls, a bowl of peas and a pig in blanket, her nappy was fun lol!
Her second Christmas has great memories too! she knew what it was about, but insisted on unwrapping one present and playing with for ages before opening another, had to take a break for dinner! Now its just rip all the paper off as quickly as possible
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando!
Unread 16 Dec 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
My daughters first Christmas, she was 9 months old, didn't have a clue what it was about but loved opening her presents, She also discovered stuffing balls that year, she was baby led weaned and ate 8 stuffing balls, a bowl of peas and a pig in blanket, her nappy was fun lol!
Her second Christmas has great memories too! she knew what it was about, but insisted on unwrapping one present and playing with for ages before opening another, had to take a break for dinner! Now its just rip all the paper off as quickly as possible
Lovely post made me

Disney332
Unread 16 Dec 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Christmas 1981 is the best for me
I was pregnant with my second child who was due on the 22nd which came and went I went into labour at 11.30 Christmas night and he was born in just under 3 hours at 2.18 am Boxing Day
Florida Escapes