Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Dec 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’m going out but to be honest I’d as soon stay in. I think it’s a very over rated evening. Expectations seem to be so high for NYE when it’s really just another night.

I’d be quite happy with a good book and an early night.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
There’s so much pressure to have a great NYE but I’ve never liked it, watch a film and treat it like a normal day! xx
Old 31 Dec 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
There’s so much pressure to have a great NYE but I’ve never liked it, watch a film and treat it like a normal day! xx
I was just about to come back on and post about the pressures of NYE and having a great time.
I am not a peopley person and I actually like my own company so treat it like any other day x
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

I normally work the 31st but for the first time in forever I'm off tonight. Spending the evening with my youngest daughter, a bottle of Bucks Fizz and a takeaway.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I am usually on my own but this year is the first year my DS and his girlfriend have had in their own house and I've been invited there. Would prefer to stay in on my own as usual if I'm honest but will go as it's just close family and friends invited so feel I have to 'show my face'.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I was just about to come back on and post about the pressures of NYE and having a great time.
I am not a peopley person and I actually like my own company so treat it like any other day x
We are off to the pub for lunch and home in the evening because the dog hates fireworks and she’s coming to the pub too!
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockette
Apprentice Imagineer

I'll be home alone, DD is the other side of the world for 18 months so it's just like any other night for me. Too old, too fat and too grumpy to bother with dating even though I wouldn't mind some company. I'm even looking forward to going back to work on Thursday to have someone to talk to!

1982:I-Drive 2007:I-Drive 2009:I-Drive 2010:POR 2011:OKW 2012:BCV/AKV 2013:BCV/VB/OKW, BCR/BWV 2014:SSR/BCV, WBTA/NYC 2015:BCV, BCV/OKW 2016:BWV, WBTA/BCV 2017:VWL/BCV, MED CRUISE, FANTASY/BLT/BCV 2018:BRV/BWV, AKV/CARIBBEAN CRUISE/BWV 2019:BWV/VB/EBTA,BCV 2022:RIV/BWV, BWV, VB/CRUISE/SSR 2023:Mexico, RIV/BWV, Med Cruise, WBTA 2024 BLT
Rockette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I’m going out but to be honest I’d as soon stay in. I think it’s a very over rated evening. Expectations seem to be so high for NYE when it’s really just another night.

I’d be quite happy with a good book and an early night.
Agree, I don’t feel the need to celebrate new year at all. Very over rated. If it wasn’t for the fireworks waking the dog up I’d be in bed well before midnight tonight.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I’m not bothered tbh, we’ve got DD2 home for a few days, DDs1 and 3 coming for a get together complete with kids, DS staying home with his family as he is not well, so a quieter new year... I honestly would prefer just a normal night with the TV and a few nibbles...
We’ve decided that we’ll do it different next year and maybe an afternoon tea type get together... I’m actually envious of the quiet night with the TV gang...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by Behappy View Post
Hi

I will be alone this evening for Hogmanay, with my DD at her dads and my family at the other end of the country.

I dipped my toe back in the dating game this year, after a disastrous and controlling relationship a year and a half ago. Sadly six months in to my new relationship, I have ended things this week... I just don’t seem to be able to let anyone in agin 😔

So, here I am on the cusp of another year feeling desperately sad and lonely.

Not really sure the point of this post, maybe just to get my sad ramblings down. Funny old time of the year, lots of reflecting.

Just me and my husband tonight and he will more than likely be asleep when the new year arrives. I am very sorry to hear about your relationship, don't be too hard on yourself for not allowing anyone in again. It will come. The right person will come into your life and you will do it naturally, without even thinking. Be proud that you did in fact dip those toes.

The end of 2018 and the whole of 2019 has been a very hard year for me, for our family and also a very close friend and her husband. I love Hogmanay but agree, it is a very hard one as a lot of reflecting is done and when the clock turns midnight as much as I cannot wait to see the back of 2019, my mind is going to be with my family and I can only hope 2020 bring them all that they are searching for. Make 2020 yours.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List