Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Jan 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oga’s Cantina

We’ve got a reservation at Oga’s Cantina. It says you only have 45 minutes in there, but I’m curious as to how they enforce this. Does everybody go in and out at the same time?
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I’m booking here soon, is it bookable at 180 days!
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I don’t know for sure how they monitor it , but when we went we were placed beside the bar. We had registered with them in the q outside and were taken in really quickly.
We didn’t stay for 45 minutes but thinking on your question, I reckon they must have a system which logs your time in against where they have placed you. A bit like a seating plan. It probably comes up on their system when your time is up.
Hope this makes sense.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
We’ve got a reservation at Oga’s Cantina. It says you only have 45 minutes in there, but I’m curious as to how they enforce this. Does everybody go in and out at the same time?
They are very keen to get you in and out. I didn’t find it a place to relax and have a leisurely drink, and we were probably there for only 30 mins.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were there for about 10 minutes. As a party of 2 we were placed at the bar with no room to actually stand at the bar thanks to the woman next to me with a giant back pack on taking up what should have been my space. Unless you have a seat I can’t see anyone wanting to stay beyond 45 minutes so that’s probably how they enforce it. Plus the drinks are mega expensive so it’s unlikely people would linger.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Your in and out in a short time as the prices are ridiculous. A alcoholic drink and a soft drink $45. Couldn’t afford a 2nd round. We had to stand at the bar as this was our spec for our allocated time in there and told that we couldn’t walk around or we would be asked to leave! . To be honest it was a experience but not one I will be rushing to again.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We were there for about 10 minutes. As a party of 2 we were placed at the bar with no room to actually stand at the bar thanks to the woman next to me with a giant back pack on taking up what should have been my space. Unless you have a seat I can’t see anyone wanting to stay beyond 45 minutes so that’s probably how they enforce it. Plus the drinks are mega expensive so it’s unlikely people would linger.
That sounds grim, did you get a drink?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Quartz
Excited about Disney

Yep its pretty much stand at a bar and order a drink. Once you have finished them (and snacks if you order which were nice and spicy) they ask if you want another one and it is made very clear that if you dont order one you leave.

I did ask and was allowed to walk around to have a look before I left.

It is an experience you do feel like you are actually in a star wars cantina

Its too expensive to do more than once though
Quartz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
That sounds grim, did you get a drink?
Yes we ordered a soft drink each. I was so disappointed with the whole experience . A seat would have been nice but as they’re big tables I assume they’re reserved for larger parties.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes we ordered a soft drink each. I was so disappointed with the whole experience . A seat would have been nice but as they’re big tables I assume they’re reserved for larger parties.
Hmm we are a two too, I like to sit down. I cancelled our reservations in September but I put one in for April. I don't think DH is that bothered, it didn't look like fun when we saw the long queues of people outside waiting to go in.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List