Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Jan 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Monorail Snack Crawl ideas

Hi everyone

We're heading to Disney again this year and are staying at AKL, but I've booked a surprise night at BLT for the day before.

We can get in to our room from 4pm but our park tickets won't become active until we book in to AKL the next day so we were planning on spending our BLT day pottering around, swimming, maybe heading over to Wilderness Lodge or other resorts.

It suddenly occurred to me that it might be fun to do a monorail snack crawl (we'll have 6 snack credits between us that we could use for lunch/snacks).

Has anybody got any great/must do snacks from hotels on the monorail loop?

I'm drawing a blank because most of my must do snacks are in the parks.

I have Dole Whip at Pineapple Lanai...although apparently they don't take the dining plan credits. Will still probably have to get one though...because you know...it's a Dole Whip!
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child

Edited at 10:46 PM.
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Peanut butter pie, Contempo Café. Drooling just thinking about it.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi you will get a dole whip as a snack credit at Captain Cooks the QS place at the Poly. I second the peanut butter pie at the Contemporary 😁

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mummyroo1 View Post
Peanut butter pie, Contempo Café. Drooling just thinking about it.
We all hate peanut butter...having never eaten it. Although we all like snickers and come to think of it DD does like Reeses pieces so maybe it's worth giving it a try! Thanks

Originally Posted by TartanTink View Post
Hi you will get a dole whip as a snack credit at Captain Cooks the QS place at the Poly. I second the peanut butter pie at the Contemporary 😁
Ooo, good shout about Captain Cooks, thank you!
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 05:17 AM  
Link to this Post

I have never heard of anyone getting snack credits with a one night stay before? Is it a DVC thing?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have never heard of anyone getting snack credits with a one night stay before? Is it a DVC thing?
Hi, yep I was originally going to pay OOP for our extra day but now we’re thinking of getting the deluxe dining plan for the one night and adding it to our dvc reservation. Cali Grill for dinner and chef mickeys for breakfast and then some snack credits to cover ‘lunch’.
Old 12 Jan 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

The magic cookie bar is at wilderness lodge. I always make a special detour there or pofq. The only 2 places to get them.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Cupcakes from the contemporary are awesome
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wigan Lass View Post
Cupcakes from the contemporary are awesome
I was going to say just this - in fact I’d go a step further and I’d change it to a ‘Cupcake crawl around the monorail resorts’!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List