Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jan 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Boo2you
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Whizzer and chips
Whoopee
Look in
Roy of the rovers
Boo2you is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Me and my two sisters used to get Judy, Bunty and Mandy. We were supposed to share but that never happened.
As we got older we progressed to Smash hits, Jackie and Just Seventeen which taught us some proper life skills like how to treat spots with toothpaste and how to practice snogging with your pillow or the back of your hand. No idea how kids manage without that sort of advice these days

Edited at 03:23 PM.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
That man was the sole reason I developed a life-long obsession with wild animals! We visited Bristol Zoo a couple of years ago, where his programme used to be filmed, and it brought tears to my eyes because he was wonderful, so funny, an absolute hero to me as a kid.

Comics for me was Bunty (loved the cut-out dolls with clothes you could cut out and dress them in by folding tabs of paper over their shoulders!), sometimes the Beano or the Dandy, and then I graduated to Jackie and also something I think was called Disco, which used to print song lyrics.

Earliest TV - Bill & Ben (flobbleobbleobble!), Andy Pandy, and The Woodentops (my husband does an unbelievable impression of Spotty Dog, the very biggest spotty dog you ever did see! Hysterical)

From there I graduated onto The Double Deckers, Tiswas, and The Banana Splits (la,la,la, la,la,la,la!)
If anyone hears Spotty Dog in the MK later this year it will be Mr Silvercat

Disney332
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post
Pre-dating Mandy and Bunty, I remember getting Twinkle comic!

TV wise, I remember Here Comes Mumfie - that wotch used to terrify me! - and Animal Kwackers - "Rory, Rory, tell us a story!"

I also remember watching the Disney compilation shows as a young kid, too. The habit started early!

/Mo
Oh god yes Twinkle! I forgot that.

Look at this doyouremember/cate...-and-magazines
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post

Great link

Disney332
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

My brother and I had Dandy and Beano. Used to be delivered on a Monday and we couldn't wait to get home from school to read them.
Used to get the annuals for Christmas.

Tv Crackerjack, Animal Magic, Sooty show, there was loads in that couple of hours children's TV was on 😁
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
That man was the sole reason I developed a life-long obsession with wild animals! We visited Bristol Zoo a couple of years ago, where his programme used to be filmed, and it brought tears to my eyes because he was wonderful, so funny, an absolute hero to me as a kid.

Comics for me was Bunty (loved the cut-out dolls with clothes you could cut out and dress them in by folding tabs of paper over their shoulders!), sometimes the Beano or the Dandy, and then I graduated to Jackie and also something I think was called Disco, which used to print song lyrics.

Earliest TV - Bill & Ben (flobbleobbleobble!), Andy Pandy, and The Woodentops (my husband does an unbelievable impression of Spotty Dog, the very biggest spotty dog you ever did see! Hysterical)

From there I graduated onto The Double Deckers, Tiswas, and The Banana Splits (la,la,la, la,la,la,la!)
Remember ‘Tales of the Riverbank’ ?

Disney332
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post

Disco 45! That's what I was talking about!
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Remember ‘Tales of the Riverbank’ ?

Disney332
Yep - again, the reason why my first pet was called Hammy! (Luckily for him, he was actually a hamster ….)
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

For me, born 1960.

Comics..
it was always Look and learn plus the Beano.

TV..
Tom and Jerry. I much preferred the gratuitous violence to Mickey Mouse.
Scooby Doo. Those ‘darned kids’ ruined people’s fun and entrepreneurial efforts every week.
Dr Who with its very high tech special effects and scenery. The Zybermen terrified me.
The Saint. Roger Moore never cut it as James Bond. To me, he was Simon Templar.
The Monkees (Still think Daydream believer is one of the greatest songs ever).. and ‘Different drum', written by Michael Nesmith is right up there also.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 12:51 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List