Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Feb 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

somethng to think about is offsite and uber - uber is excellent and easy to use. We were only $10-$15 each trip so very affordable - the amount you would save on the room and eating everything at Disney would be in the $1000's...

The children by that age would really appreciate a villa or there are 2 bedroom suites with shared big outdoor pool close to Disney Springs...

Ours are just 7 & 9 and goign from 5 days in a moderate to a villa was bliss...the space and the more relaxed pace of life!
Kcstyle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Shared with my son (21)and daughter (18)last few years in 1 room. Son has a bed and DD and I share. New York for a week 2017, Spain 2018 and WDW for a fortnight last year at French quarter. We are all comfortable around each other and we only sleep in the rooms. At French quarter DD and I would close the curtain, shower, dress and hand the area over to DS.
DD and I always share a double when we go on our weekends away as not many travel lodge/premier Inn types do twins.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Each to their own but we like the space and don't all go.to bed the same time so would never work.

I'd rather pay more and have the extra rooms but that's just what works for us 🙂
Old 5 Feb 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
I think it's because you said "it's not right" therefore implying something is wrong with those that do, not in a it's a bit cramped kind of way but it's wrong to share...

I was a tad offended as I have teens, dd15 and dd16 that we share with along with ds10. For us part of the fun of sharing is chatting as we go off to sleep about what was fun that day and what we're doing next. We're quite fortunate that our body clocks are similar and the children and dh are deep sleepers, so nobody is awake half the night or up at the crack of dawn
We've found the nature order is I wake and shower, dd1 then showers while I dress in th changing area, then dd2 wakes and gets in shower while dd1 dresses, I wake ds and sort his clothes. Ds then get in the shower while dd2 dresses and dd1 is now doing her hair and makeup with dh being last in the shower but first ready to go but we are the same at home with only one bathroom being paupers just the room we change in.
We are also out a massive portion of the day so we don't feel on top of one another fortunately because we couldn't afford 2 rooms or multiple bedroom onsite
Pretty much the same ..

I get up and shower first , then DH , my daughter goes next whilst I get her baby up and sorted ( or my husband does ) then my son gets sorted .

We’ve never once had a disagreement over getting ready .

We are always out by 9.30am and never back till late we don’t need extra room it would be wasted ..

We are fortunate in that we have 3 holidays a year for 3 weeks each , of I was paying for 2 rooms each time that wouldn’t be happening .. and we’d rather travel more .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are going this summer on a road trip around California and DS will turn 19 the night before we leave and will be sharing a room with us. There is no way we could travel as much as we do if we had to pay for 2 rooms... we have paid £3k for our hotels on the trip so that would be double! Of course if he had an issue he would be more than welcome to pay for his own room but he prefers to get a free holiday 🤣
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

I am in the camp of more room. For us i respect the boys need for privacy as much as They respect ours. It doesn’t mean that we are not a close family, we a actually really close but doesn’t mean we have to live in each others pockets. I would consider of site op

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Each to their own but we like the space and don't all go.to bed the same time so would never work.

I'd rather pay more and have the extra rooms but that's just what works for us 🙂
exactly this... my wife & daughter are early to bed , in a condo i can stay up watch tv , have a beer etc etc

all in one room i would be sitting on the bed twiddling my thumbs, ok i could wear headphones but hey im holiday lets have something that works for us all
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Louisa Jane
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Blimey you must be mad! What works for one family doesn't work for another I guess 🙂
Got another £4800?!

Don’t get me wrong, for the past few years we’ve rented a 4 bed villa in Anna Maria, but really we’re only in the room to sleep and it’s the only way we could afford it!

Edited at 06:37 PM.
Louisa Jane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

When my children were little we stayed in the yacht club and loved it. However, now they are teenagers, we stay in a one bed villa at old key west. This way, there is a huge bedroom for my husband and I, and the girls share the living room (one double sofa bed and one single sofa bed). According to them, those sofa beds are really comfortable. We also find the two-roomed bathroom is a bit more flexible and we have used the utility room as a separate private changing area. And the teenagers can watch their iPads way past when I have gone to sleep 😂
If all else was equal, we would choose the location and vibe of the yacht club, but for roughly the same money we can have all this extra (flexible) space and still be on site. It’s worth looking at the DVC properties.
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Louisa Jane
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Themousefamily View Post
When my children were little we stayed in the yacht club and loved it. However, now they are teenagers, we stay in a one bed villa at old key west. This way, there is a huge bedroom for my husband and I, and the girls share the living room (one double sofa bed and one single sofa bed). According to them, those sofa beds are really comfortable. We also find the two-roomed bathroom is a bit more flexible and we have used the utility room as a separate private changing area. And the teenagers can watch their iPads way past when I have gone to sleep 😂
If all else was equal, we would choose the location and vibe of the yacht club, but for roughly the same money we can have all this extra (flexible) space and still be on site. It’s worth looking at the DVC properties.
We’ve stayed at OKW before in a 1 bed - it was lovely but I didn’t feel part of the Disney experience. We just love Yacht and Beach Club!