Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

I am gutted tbh - We have already said that this will be our last trip for a long while, perhaps last one full stop as we have so much of the world we want to see, so we have tried to make it perfect. I already have my favourite ride as in BTMRR closed most the trip, EPCOT is a mess (thats fine I knew about that before I booked it), and now this. We booked CRT for later in evening to be there when fireworks were on etc and now not sure whether to cancel that as well. IF I could cancel I would do and go later in the year but having booked flight separately its not an option for us.
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

A radical and objective thought - are we sure there will be scaffolding up and the view will be obscured ? Is it possible they will do some of the work by abseiling (or just give the brush to Tinkerbell who can fly anyway)

Edited at 03:25 PM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
A radical and object thought - are we sure there will be scaffolding up and the view will be obscured ? Is it possible they will do some of the work by abseiling (or just give the brush to Tinkerbell who can fly anyway)
No one knows for sure yet...

If they are draining the moat then its a good guess scaffolding is going to be involved at some point.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I totally get being disappointed, but I seriously don't think they'll surround the castle in scaffolding and scrim, I reckon they'll do it section by section using the crane and cherry pickers and they do tend to do such a lot overnight.
The crane is there quite often throughout the year, it even has its own FB page 😄
Hopefully it won't be as bad as some are expecting it to be, time will tell.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I totally get being disappointed, but I seriously don't think they'll surround the castle in scaffolding and scrim, I reckon they'll do it section by section using the crane and cherry pickers and they do tend to do such a lot overnight.
The crane is there quite often throughout the year, it even has its own FB page 😄
Hopefully it won't be as bad as some are expecting it to be, time will tell.
Really hope you are right!
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

For those thinking about their special family castle photo ... I love my photos, esp with everyone in them, so PP photos are fab. I've had numerous castle photos over the years. But the photo, the one that sums up my holiday and hangs on the wall, has always been another one. One from somewhere on property yes, but it's been one in AK on the bridge, one from DHS being silly in the street, one from mk with a magic bunch of balloons and one with Mickey in his theatre.

So yes I have those castle photos, but they are not my be all and end all.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Well I have at least learned a new word today - scrim

I too think - depending on how bad it’s going to be - that Disney should have advertised this better.
While it wouldn’t make me cancel something I had already booked , it could theoretically have made me book a later year especially with other works ongoing
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 04:32 PM.
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

Disappointed as its my partners 1st time but will still have an amazing time I'm sure. Last time was there in 2016 the crane was up the whole time!
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Genuinely baffled at people cancelling their holidays and losing hundreds of pounds because they are painting the castle, but hey ho everyone is different I guess

I mean when we went in September they announced that 1 out of the 6 parks was completely closing 2 months early with something like 50 days notice, there seemed to be much less fuss about that than there is about the castle

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Genuinely baffled at people cancelling their holidays and losing hundreds of pounds because they are painting the castle, but hey ho everyone is different I guess

I mean when we went in September they announced that 1 out of the 6 parks was completely closing 2 months early with something like 50 days notice, there seemed to be much less fuss about that than there is about the castle
Its not just the castle in my case and I think I am the only person who has cancelled...
  • Epcot is like a building site
  • Castle under development
  • We was going to go to Orlando in 2021 anyway
  • More rides online in 2021
  • Dinning plan in disarray due to changes will hopefully have settled down in 2021
  • We now get to celebrate the 50th anniversary
  • We are still going Orlando in 2020 but now we are doing our 2021 plan this year
Closed Thread