Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Would it be fair to say that you were a fair way down the line of making this change before the castle refurb was announced?
Yeah, some what ... this was kind of the final straw for this year
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Yeah some what this was kind of the final straw for this year .
I think if I’d had a universal only trip planned for the following year I’d swap them over too. Makes perfect sense to do it that way 👍
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Not sure its fair for people to say its a "first world problem" and such things... Its quite dismissive I feel...

Lets be a little kinder folks... For some this won't bother at all and that is great but for others its going to be devastating news and upsetting...
I don't think it's a case of people not being kind, rather different people have a different perspective on things. I think the castle stuff is a bit sad but finding out last night that one of my friends has terminal cancer and only has a year to live is devastating news and upsetting - to me anyway. I'm just one person though.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I don't think it's a case of people not being kind, rather different people have a different perspective on things. I think the castle stuff is a bit sa, and d but finding out last night that one of my friends has terminal cancer and only has a year to live is devastating news and upsetting - to me anyway. I'm just one person though.
We are all living with these things going on including me... And my view is we have these holidays and other things going on that makes the pain of living with this type of stuff easier and gives you a reason to get up in the morning and go to work and so on...

So when these things mess up, and your dealing with this stuff as well, then yes it can be just as devastating and upsetting as well.

Its not either or type of situation and some of the "well at least you can afford to go" and "at least you don't have cancer" type posts are pretty much uncalled for I feel.

We are dealing with various family members not being well and issues in our life. Our time in the Disney bubble very much keeps us going and when that is being spoilt as well it can be hard.

Edited at 08:34 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I don't think it's a case of people not being kind, rather different people have a different perspective on things. I think the castle stuff is a bit sad but finding out last night that one of my friends has terminal cancer and only has a year to live is devastating news and upsetting - to me anyway. I'm just one person though.
Obviously that is incredibly sad and heartbreaking but it's not really fair to post on this thread as there's clearly no comparison.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TJCCFC17
I want to go now!

I've had a response from Disney! Make of it what you will as maybe they're trying to keep the peace...but to me, the way it's written makes it sound as though it won't be completely covered in scrim:

"Thanks for your message. In the coming weeks through summer, Guests may notice work taking place near Cinderella Castle as it undergoes a royal makeover with bold, shimmering new enhancements. While temporary construction equipment may be present while Cinderella Castle receives its royal makeover, we will do our best to ensure Guests are still able to capture special photos and memories in this iconic spot. Thank you for your understanding as we work to make these enhancements."

Edited at 08:48 PM.
TJCCFC17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I feel like I kick started a debate without meaning to and I apologise for that. I certainly never said that others shouldn't be upset, I simply said that from my perspective, we weren't and to me, personally, it won't make or break my holiday.
Everyone has what's important to them and everyone has different things going on with their lives. I'm sorry some of you are disappointed about the castle and feel that your holiday is ruined by this. We all need a little hope or something to look forward to, regardless of what it is.
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TJCCFC17 View Post
I've had a response from Disney! Make of it what you will as maybe they're trying to keep the peace...but to me, the way it's written makes it sound as though it won't be completely covered in scrim:

"Thanks for your message. In the coming weeks through summer, Guests may notice work taking place near Cinderella Castle as it undergoes a royal makeover with bold, shimmering new enhancements. While temporary construction equipment may be present while Cinderella Castle receives its royal makeover, we will do our best to ensure Guests are still able to capture special photos and memories in this iconic spot. Thank you for your understanding as we work to make these enhancements."
That reads to me to expect a phased covering of the castle.
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
TJCCFC17
I want to go now!

That reads to me to expect a phased covering of the castle.
Yeah. I meant to say, it sounds to me that there will be construction equipment present and small sections covered up as they're working on them but not the entire thing at once. Then they'll try to position PhotoPass photographers to get a shot with the majority of construction hidden perhaps?

I'm probably reading way too much into what they've said though...😂

Edited at 09:23 PM.
TJCCFC17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Not sure its fair for people to say its a "first world problem" and such things... Its quite dismissive I feel...
Well, it is a trivial first world problem. I get that some people will be disappointed (I am a little bit disappointed as well) and it will affect the view of the castle. But, let’s be honest, it’s hardly the end of the world. It isn’t in any way ‘devastating news’ - I mean, seriously.

Equally, the fact that Spaceship Earth will be closed and that there’s construction going on for the Tron coaster in MK and lots of places in Epcot is a bit disappointing too. But it isn’t a case of “OMG, my vacation is RUINED! How will I live?!”.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread