Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinny04
Earning More Ears

Lloyds bank has filled in the form on our behalf and because the amount of claims they have it could take up to 30 working days
Twinny04 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Broadsword
Earning My Ears

Anyone else considering claiming for the difference in replacement flights too?

I have heard it is possible but looking for some confirmation.
Broadsword is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

I contacted Halifax at 7.30 this morning and they completed a form whilst I was on the phone. I should be getting a phone call between 7-10 days.
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I called Halifax and they did the claim over the phone. They asked if I had insurance and I said yes but it was taken out only a few weeks ago and it states they will only consider a claim if unable to claim from a credit card. They didn’t ask if I had contacted TC though.
Is there any chance they won’t pay out?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
I contacted Halifax at 7.30 this morning and they completed a form whilst I was on the phone. I should be getting a phone call between 7-10 days.
They told me it’s now 30 days due to the volume of calls.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
Anyone else considering claiming for the difference in replacement flights too?

I have heard it is possible but looking for some confirmation.
I am going to claim, if I get it then it's a bonus, if not then no worries
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
Is this right?

Spoke to Capital One, getting £700 back within next 48 hours, apparently they wont give me the full £1,109 as already out here. Had to argue with them that we are not atol protected
If you are out there at the moment, you should be brought home on your original return date. You need to keep your eye on the dedicated website. Grant Shapps (Secretary of State for Transport) was on the telly this morning saying that all flight only's would be treated as though they had ATOL protection and be repatriated the same as package holiday customers.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nanu View Post
If you are out there at the moment, you should be brought home on your original return date. You need to keep your eye on the dedicated website. Grant Shapps (Secretary of State for Transport) was on the telly this morning saying that all flight only's would be treated as though they had ATOL protection and be repatriated the same as package holiday customers.
Apparently this only applies to non ATOL protected passengers if they are returning by 6th October. Otherwise they are on their own to sort out flights

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Junogirl1
VIP Dibber

Junogirl1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
Same thing with us at around 10am. We're expecting a call within the next 7-10 days, they said.
Old 23 Sep 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shimmers View Post
I am claiming via Tesco Bank Mastercard. Is there a separate thread for different companies?
Can you let us know how you get on please?

I will be claiming from Tesco too but I am at work at the moment, I'm hoping it's fairly simple.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List