Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jan 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
stargazer69
Getting Excited

Ba

What are peoples experience with BA, travelling from Gatwick to Orlando?

Just looking at prices for our trip, and currently BA are coming in at roughly £250 cheaper than Virgin for 2 of us.

Need to convince the missus that it'll be just as good.

POR 2022
OKW 2019, SSR 2017, OKW 2015, OKW 2013
stargazer69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stargazer69 View Post
Need to convince the missus that it'll be just as good.
What makes VA better than other airlines is the real question?

We are flying BA into Tampa in Sep, but flown BA on other long-haul routes and only ever had great service. I'm looking forward to flying with them again in Sep as it's on the refurb'd 777.

Personally, in this day and age I'm about price... cheaper will normally get my ££.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 02:01 PM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Virgin are totally overrated in my opinion.

No better or worse than any other airline I can think of, it's all about the route and price.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

A Terrible experience with BA. Emergency on board and dumped in Cardiff instead of Gatwick and had to make our own way home after waiting for transport that never turned up.
The other back from Vegas- rudest member of Staff, split coffee on me, wasn't bothered and a few things like that and also broken IFE etc in Premium. In fairness to her I think she had been partying in Vegas and normally crew are great. Never had any problems like that with Virgin.
That said, these days it comes down to cost and I would still fly BA as their cabin crew are generally very good. If it was marginally more for Virgin I would go with them but thats just my preference of Airline and past experiences.
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think there is any consensus on which is better. I think certainly in economy they are much of a muchness and much of a muchness with most other airlines economy class too. They are both 4 star airlines and have the same seat pitch and width.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
iang27
Getting Excited

Mobile

Been through VA and BA, both great on our trips.
iang27 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I have had a terrible experience with Virgin travelling to the Caribbean. I took it up with their management and the correct discipline was given to the staff involved.

I frequently travel BA, the experience like other airlines is mixed. Best experience Cathay Pacific, I dont much life Emirates, others love them. Only travel long haul buisness class or above.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
doodles
Getting Excited

I always fly economy, so my comment is exclusive to that class and in all the years I have been flying I have never had a good flight experience with Virgin. I just don't get the high esteem in which they are held.
doodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

I guess it depends what the OP’s wife likes about Virgin, since in economy on that route there isn’t a lot of difference in the provision. A refurbished aircraft is almost certain with BA, albeit that means 10 across in economy. Some people might prefer Virgin for the opportunity to sit upstairs on the 747, for as long as it is around.

Depending which Virgin fare is being compared, if advance seat selection is a requirement, the price difference could be less. BA charges for all its economy fares, Virgin includes seat selection on Classic and Delight.

All this assumes economy travel, in other cabins it’s a different, and more subjective, discussion.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
BA every time for us.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List