Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jan 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile Strange cat problem

Over the last week or so a cat has been loitering around the back of our house - it literally just sit ls by the bins or comes near the door and just sits staring at the house

The problems is that It’s actually really stressing our cats out - they just can’t settle and are spending their time meowing and growling at the window and rushing round the house.

Of course, I can shoo the cat off but it just keeps coming back - any ideas?!?
lisa12000___ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Spray with water for a few days. It should get the message.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Spray with water for a few days. It should get the message.
Tried that it keeps coming back
lisa12000___ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

Does it have a collar with a phone number where you could contact someone?

Could it be lost or have moved recently and got out somehow and not know where it should be.

Are there any local notices or anything on social media about cats fitting its description who are missing.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
Does it have a collar with a phone number where you could contact someone?

Could it be lost or have moved recently and got out somehow and not know where it should be.

Are there any local notices or anything on social media about cats fitting its description who are missing.
It looks very well looked after (even quite chubby) - I would look if it would let me get close to it but unfortunately it won’t - I’ve looked at all the local pages and the pets missing pages and nothing - it’s actually driving us mad tonight
Old 3 Jan 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
vinlaasmummy07
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Do you know if it's a tom or possibly a girl in season might be loitering for a nearby tom cat? Or other way round
vinlaasmummy07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by vinlaasmummy07 View Post
Do you know if it's a tom or possibly a girl in season might be loitering for a nearby tom cat? Or other way round
It’s a very big cat which would lean towards a Tom cat I guess - it’s just so frustrating as my female cat goes absolutely mental and then my Tom cat gets curious and goes to look and my female cat just literally goes for him - it’s got to the point where he cowers if she goes near him and they always have had a good relationship until now
Old 4 Jan 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you could get a picture of the cat and you do Facebook post it on there to see if anyone recognises it.
Where I live there's a FB page for the village and we often see pictures of dogs/cats that are either missing or someone has found them around their house.
Old 4 Jan 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We have that alot here. It's usually Tom's after my 3 (neutered) girls! I've not been able to get rid of then altogether but now when they see me they run rather than sit and stare until I shoo them off! I know who they belong to here (most of the time) and have said to her multiple times about having them neutered 🙄
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We have similar and our neighbour’s poor cat is terrorised by it.
She’s a nervous cat anyway but she rarely goes out anymore. Just stares through her cat flap 🙁
I really don’t think there’s a lot you can do. You can’t really control a cat.
This one’s markings mean it has the most miserable face. It’s so funny! It just sits on the garden wall and stares in at her.
I saw it doing the same a few roads away recently and someone shooing it away

Edited at 02:21 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List