Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Feb 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Malaysia is amazing loads to do in KL, and Sabah, Borneo for some wildlife activities. My other half also needs constant entertainment and loved our trip there!(We are planning a US theme park trip this year and did loads of theme parks in Europe last year)

Vietnam, Cambodia are high on my list to visit too.

What about South America? Peru is fantastic, Beleize, Argentina and Costa Rica are also on the list (As is Brazil, but I'm a little put off re saftey reports just now)

West Coast or Canada?

All have good time differences.

Edited at 11:33 PM.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

My son and I did Argentina last year. I was amazed how much I loved it and how much more there is to see. Link to the report in my signature! My son likes being busy and wasn’t disappointed!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we went to the far east last year

hong kong - koh samui - singapore

new culture , theme parks, beaches, watersports, food

ticked all the boxes
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Non Orlando places me and DH have been on holiday in the last ten years: Galapagos Islands, Japan (with no Disney!), New Zealand, Grenada, Tanzania, Fiji, Bora Bora, Australia, LA & Vegas, Rio, Amsterdam, Venice. We also had a couple of holidays in the UK when we lived overseas.

Next year there will be no Orlando and we will be going back to Australia again and we are thinking of a multi-centre European trip using trains. After that the next couple of places we are thinking of are the Maldives, Hawaii and Peru (Machu Picchu) for DH's 50th.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Thank you for the ideas!

I looked at west coast and Atlantic coast Canada, doing like a fly drive, but to be honest I feel so overwhelmed. I suspect I might not be in the right frame of mind for holiday booking, as much as I want to be!
To be honest you sound like you need a wee break before a holiday.You sound exhausted and when I feel like that i know that planning anything is way way too hard and I fall back to what I know. Please go easy on yourself
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Wow, what a huge list of ideas! Narrowing it down to a top 3, which was difficult, I am going to look further into Hawaii, Canada (east and/or west) and Malaysia/Borneo. I have got lots of other great ideas if none of those work out, and I really am grateful, thank you.

I would be really interested if anyone could help me with a Malaysia/Borneo itinerary which could satisfy the man child. I would also be interested in adding in Singapore, as I really want to go but never been sure what to pair it with.

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
To be honest you sound like you need a wee break before a holiday.You sound exhausted and when I feel like that i know that planning anything is way way too hard and I fall back to what I know. Please go easy on yourself
Thank you. To be honest, I can feel the reserves are low, as molehills are starting to feel like mountains, and I'm reacting disproportionately. We have got a long weekend from the 21st to the 25th - having a couple of days in London and then going to Bournemouth as hubby has a voucher for an e-biking day from a couple of birthdays ago. Whilst he does that, I'm going to try and find a spa for the day (recommendations welcome). Going further afield is tricky because of the insurance issue, but I think being off the Isle of Man and not being at home or work will do us both good.
Old 11 Feb 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you looked at Costa Rica...I haven't been but heard good reports.
Old 11 Feb 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I did a week in KL with a trip report in my siggy.

You can fly down to Singapore and to Borneo using Air Asia (my son flew with them from HK to Phuket and was impressed).

I have insisted to my not so holiday loving husband how important having something planned is and he is beginning to see the light.

If you need help on Quebec/Ontario let me know as I have visited both a lot (especially Quebec!)

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

If you are looking for both adrenaline stuff and relaxation, The W hotel Formula one Yas Island in Abu Dhabi might be a good one. I’ve only stayed there when it was the Yas Viceroy, but it’s really only a name change. It’s in the middle of the F1 race track and you can cycle or walk around the track for free on Tuesdays and Sundays. You can also hire cars and have race sessions too. There are beaches and the Warner brothers Themepark is there too. If you get the right rooms, you can also see racing from your balcony too. It still brings a tear to my eye when I remember our trips there.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How about Thailand?

3 nights in Bangkok, Maybe Elephant hills or Elephant Nature Park and then Phuket/Koh Samui etc - lots of active things to do as well as lots or relaxation, great food and sunshine!

Bit of everything for you both.

xx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List