Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
armstrongk1
Trying for More Ears

May or September?

H all,

What month do you prefer, May or September? for me i would love to do May 2021 as it my birthday month but i have been in September and the crowd levels are quite good. Plus if i go September it gives me more time to save spends!

Is it worth going in May instead?

Also, since my last post got moved and now no one will see it...

Does anyone have any recommendations on off site locations?

I have stayed on international drive before and love it, but seen the clarion Inn at Lake Buena Vista and the area looks nice and it is closer to disney with free shuttles to both Disney and Universal which i am considering. Has anyone stayed here? it looks to be directly opposite the outlets at the bottom of Idrive.

Thanks in advance!

armstrongk1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

I have visited in both months and would recommend both. I didn't see much difference crowd wise, but I love Flower & Garden at Epcot so May would edge it for me I have also stayed at Clarion Inn, its okay but probably wouldn't stay again, much prefer the Idrive area and would recommend Rosen inn at Pointe.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
September is super humid as well! Staying Rosen Centre this year, have done the Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista a couple of times and that was good
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Been in both months on a number of occasions, and prefer May. We’ve found the weather to be just right for us (lovely and warm without being too humid) and we also like the Flower and Garden festival. Would happily go in September though and have booked late and found some great flight prices!
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi we stayed at Clarion Inn and LBV and wouldn't stay again tbh but only because we prefer villa life now. It's quite dated but clean enough and the staff are lovely.

You can walk to Disney Springs, took us about 40 minutes and we enjoyed the walk. There are plenty of food places within 5-10 minutes walk and a small reasonably priced supermarket.

The daily shuttles to the parks aren't great but the ones to the malls are excellent.

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
TryAnything1317
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We stayed in the Clarion last year and found it fine. Infact we are staying there again for a week this year before heading to Disney for 2 weeks. We always chose to stay in Kissimmee rather than I drive now. If you're going with kids then the splash pad is a nice touch. Rooms are slightly dated, but nothing nasty. They have microwaves too. Nice and close to Disney.

We have done May and September and I would say either. The only thing that made me chose May this year over September was that we last went in November 2018 and didn't want to wait until September 2020! Oh and our middle child is still under three this may so it works out cheaper.
TryAnything1317 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dan_the_man
slightly serious Dibber

dan_the_man's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
They're both our chosen months in terms of crowds and temperature, but September has the added bonus of early Halloween events if you go in the second half of the month.
dan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ckcla
Getting Excited

Mobile

I've been in both and would go back at either time. We found September quieter and more wet (only short storm every afternoon). I would choose May and go for your birthday unless it's half term; then I would choose September.
We've stayed in LBV once and didn't like it as were bored in the eves; prefer the buzz of Idrive x
ckcla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have done both and found sept a tad quieter than May, but equally there was 6 years between visits. I’m not sure there is a much difference between the two. For me it would be down to cost
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
CazB
Very Serious Dibber

CazB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Both of these months are good. My personal favourite out of the 2 is September so that I get my halloween fix.
2019 - Portofino
2023, 2024 - RPR
CazB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List