Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Dec 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Merry Christmas, hope you all had a great day. I’ve finally got a bit of peace to catch up with some very overdue trip report reading-how apt I’ve returned to our meet up and your HS day! Did you all enjoy Rise of Skywalker?
Your morning at HS looked good, I love your family photo with Olaf. Obviously our cocktails were the high point-I’m looking forward to my first magical star when it’s your round next year! My mai tai was very good, I could just drink it although I am pretty full of fizz!
Your evening at the Grand Floridian sounds wonderful apart from the sickly cocktail the food looks amazing, the pageant and the fireworks were a perfect end to the evening.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Merry Christmas, hope you all had a great day. I’ve finally got a bit of peace to catch up with some very overdue trip report reading-how apt I’ve returned to our meet up and your HS day! Did you all enjoy Rise of Skywalker?
Your morning at HS looked good, I love your family photo with Olaf. Obviously our cocktails were the high point-I’m looking forward to my first magical star when it’s your round next year! My mai tai was very good, I could just drink it although I am pretty full of fizz!
Your evening at the Grand Floridian sounds wonderful apart from the sickly cocktail the food looks amazing, the pageant and the fireworks were a perfect end to the evening.
we had a lovely Christmas thank you. We really enjoyed Rise of Skywalker. They played a little Star Wars documentary before the movie started, it had an outtake of Chewie, Han, Luke and OB1 in the cockpit. I started crying at that, before the film had even started! Mum and Dad went to see it yesterday with my brother and his family and when they got back Dad said he thought Kylo Ren was Darth Vaders son I'm not sure what movie he has been watching.

The evening at the Grand Floridian did work out perfectly with the timings of the meal and then seeing the electrical water pageant and seeing the fireworks from the boat. It was the best night.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another fantastic day. Those funnel cakes look delicious. They're another thing that we've not managed to try yet. What great luck getting to see the water pageant and the fireworks from the boat.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Another fantastic day. Those funnel cakes look delicious. They're another thing that we've not managed to try yet. What great luck getting to see the water pageant and the fireworks from the boat.
They were tasty, but very sickly. A great snack credit though if you're on the dining plan. It was perfect timing for the end of the evening, almost like someone had planned it that way

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
They were tasty, but very sickly. A great snack credit though if you're on the dining plan. It was perfect timing for the end of the evening, almost like someone had planned it that way
I love when a plan falls into place.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I love when a plan falls into place.
We were fortunate that they seated us promptly. I had known that with 6 of us the meals would be a little longer so I figured an hour and a half would be perfect and that we could delay the boat ride back by wandering around the resort if we needed to. But in the end it all came together perfectly.

Old 16 Jan 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

I'm really enjoying reading your report. Only found it a few days ago. I went with my parents in 2012 and really enjoyed it with them - its so special for the kids with their grandparents.

Love the RNRC photos. My son (15) always manages to look exactly the same as your son! Haha how do they do it? I'm always screaming.

Looking forward to reading more. Fab pictures and food and cocktails.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
I'm really enjoying reading your report. Only found it a few days ago. I went with my parents in 2012 and really enjoyed it with them - its so special for the kids with their grandparents.

Love the RNRC photos. My son (15) always manages to look exactly the same as your son! Haha how do they do it? I'm always screaming.

Looking forward to reading more. Fab pictures and food and cocktails.
It really was a special trip for Max and Kate, they loved being able to fight over who gets to sit next who on each ride. They loved sharing everything with their grandparents.

Ha ha I'm glad it's not just my son that manages to perfect the bored to death look, he really is happy and enjoys the rides a lot. I don't understand why he can't show that he is having fun.

Old 24 Jan 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Loving this soooo much. Narcoosee's is back on my ADR list, after being off, on, off, on, off!

We've been every trip so I thought we'd try somewhere new but you just can't beat the location and their seafood.

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Flower2603 View Post
Loving this soooo much. Narcoosee's is back on my ADR list, after being off, on, off, on, off!

We've been every trip so I thought we'd try somewhere new but you just can't beat the location and their seafood.
I'm glad to have reminded you how great it is. I think it was the stand out meal of the trip. The location and the food were excellent. We all enjoyed the surf and turf, it was delicious.