Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 10 Sep 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Hi all, newbie to Dibb

Hello all, been to Orlando 4 or 5 times previously, including one holiday where i married my wife :-)

Last time i was there was back in 2010, got so see one of the last shuttle launches.

After several pool/beach holidays in Europe over the last few years we have just booked two weeks in Orlando next July/August.

I was initially put off even going following some quotes we had.

However we ended up booking with Ocean Florida.

So far all seems well.

We got Flights from Heathrow to Miami, Fully inclusive car hire, 14 days disney tickets, 14 days universal tickets, and hotel (Clarion Lake Buena Vista) also got some other days out thrown in from Ocean - gator land, airboat ride, Hard Rock Cafe meal and something else which i cant remember.

All for £6500 for the four of us, (two teenagers)

I feel as though this is not too bad. I appreciate that the hotel will be nothing special but that’s fine by us, we have stayed in villas and hotels previously and its a base at the end of the day, as long as its clean we are happy.

Any tips or advice about the area surrounding the hotel would be much appreciated.

Also due to car parking charges at the parks we are considering not using the car for every park visit.

My understanding is that Uber seems very efficient and affordable for getting to and from the parks?

Also, advice on where to eat out, without breaking the bank, :-)
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m in same boat as not been since 2008

But hello 👋
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Welcome 😀. Can't help with the uber question as we stay onsite but I'm sure someone on here will be able to help.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
McSleepy
VIP Dibber

Hi and welcome to the Dibb

Have a wonderful time planning your trip.

We flew to Miami at Christmas but stayed overnight in Miami on Arrival night and night before departure. It is about a 4 hour drive Miami to Orlando on the turnpike.

Sun Haven Villa

Modern 6 Bed Villa
Monitored Alarm
South Facing Pool/Spa
Covered Lanai
Super Fast WiFi
Large screen HDTV
Pool Table

McSleepy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

Welcome. Your hotel looks to be in a pretty good spot, right between the Disney parks and Universal
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome
Old 11 Sep 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Hello. Welcome to the dibb.

We've not stayed at your hotel but it is a good and popular location.

If you are looking for restaurant ideas, transport help etc. the best thing to do is post questions in the different threads. That way, more people will see your questions and you have a better chance of getting good responses.

Have fun planning. You've found the right place for Florida help in the Dibb.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hello and Welcome to the Dibb. We just got a quote of 5k for two adults and a toddler (it's an initial quote and I'm sure I can get it lower on DIY) flights, onsite resort, tickets, and car hire. As for Uber I've always used it in the UK and found them good. I hear lots of people using them in Florida and you'll find good reports and bad, but they are much cheaper than taxis and even some shuttle transfers.

My advice, use them in the UK first. This will help you get used to the app, which is easy to use. Lyft is another firm that I hear good things from too
Old 13 Sep 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
Hello and Welcome to the Dibb. We just got a quote of 5k for two adults and a toddler (it's an initial quote and I'm sure I can get it lower on DIY) flights, onsite resort, tickets, and car hire. As for Uber I've always used it in the UK and found them good. I hear lots of people using them in Florida and you'll find good reports and bad, but they are much cheaper than taxis and even some shuttle transfers.

My advice, use them in the UK first. This will help you get used to the app, which is easy to use. Lyft is another firm that I hear good things from too
That sounds a pretty good deal, although both of my kids are classed as adults So I am certain that will be why my cost is higher. Does your price include Disney and Universal tickets?
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Mobile

Hello and Welcome 😎
Happy planning ✈️