Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw2011
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
Oh I do feel for you, as I am also having problems since also, paying in full for our flights!

I’m now on our third change! Very disappointed and not happy as they still have not been sorted out since I found out last night that they had changed again!

Have direct flights on the way out with Virgin but indirect with Delta on way home. At the moment, they have changed the indirect to have a 55 minute layover in Atlanta! I’m hoping that this is going to be rectified on Monday.
Its a nightmare has taken the whole holiday feeling away i have not had a panic attack in a few years and now i have took 3 from finding out,it sounds stupid over flights but i had been preparing for this for over a year now and hard to get my head around it. We flew with delta the last time into Atlanta and we just had to make our way to the next flight our bags went on through but we had just over 1hr and we found it tight. Hope you get sorted
wdw2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw2011
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I can imagine this must have come as a bit of a surprise.

Did you book as a package or did you think you were booking set flights?

Also do you know if you have through tickets from Dublin to Orlando or do you have separate tickets Dublin to Gatwick and Gatwick to Orlando.

I am being nosy too but was it online or via a ta in a shop?
It has been a big shock,it was booked as a package flights hotel park tickets im not sure about the tickets when i login to virgin it shows the flights with Aer lingus but if i login to Aer lingus it wont let me book seats or show anything with the virgin flight says to refer to company who booked
wdw2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lam View Post
We did this route once, unfortunately, the flight was late in and we literally had to race to get on the tram to the terminal (2 stops away) and then run to the gate. We made it by about5-10mins max!

BUT

our luggage didnt make it.

We ended up waiting at the carousel in mco for the next flight to arrive some 2hrs later.

boy were some people mad. we should have stayed in Atlanta (it looked fab and had loads of interesting shops etc) and ate and shopped and sauntered onto the next flight without the hassle!

never been back this route but i would try it again as delta is a good airline,atlanta is not too far from mco, they tracked our luggage and we liked the aircraft!
This is not the original route booked. Initially it was MIA to DTR to LHR - we had a 3 hr layover - perfect as we could get some dinner before the final leg home. It was then changed to a midday flight from MIA with a 7 hr layover in DTR! They did then change it via a different route (ATL) with a 2,5 hr layover which has again (yesterday) been reduced to 55 minutes! We have to get home on the correct day to pick up DS’s A Level results.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wdw2011 View Post
Its a nightmare has taken the whole holiday feeling away i have not had a panic attack in a few years and now i have took 3 from finding out,it sounds stupid over flights but i had been preparing for this for over a year now and hard to get my head around it. We flew with delta the last time into Atlanta and we just had to make our way to the next flight our bags went on through but we had just over 1hr and we found it tight. Hope you get sorted
I agree with you, it’s hard when you book something for it to then change quite some time later ... they have changed it 55 mins - this is the second time we have used a third party rather than booking direct ourselves - I’m not sure if I would do that again at the moment - will wait and see what happens on Monday.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw2011
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by lam View Post
So lets get this straight.
Last year,you booked return flights from Dublin to the USA via jfk for August with Delta. Presumably looking to do preclearance. You also booked an airport lounge to 'chill'.
Did you pay a deposit and what docs did you get to confirm your booking at this stage?

You have probs getting amy flight info from holiday co until you pay the final balance, at which point you learn not only can you not choose your seats on theDelta flight you originally booked (having paid the balance) but that the Holiday Co have made a substantial change to your booking.

different airline, different airports, different times.different route PLUS no pre-clearance?
and you cannot enjoy the airport lounge facility you booked.

I don't know who the Holiday Co is, but I think they have a real cheek doing this.
Looks like a breach of contract to me.

On skyscanner, this route regularly shows up as being cheaper than the dub to mco via jfk route you originally booked.

Did they give you any explanation?

You are perfectly within your rights to pursue this and insist upon your original route IF you are not happy with what they've done OR at least get a refund of the difference in flight price and the cost of the unused lounge booking..

If you pursue the original booking, I'd also copy in the airline to any correspondence you send to Holiday Co, so as they can see how unfairly you were treated by them.

Print off all the docs you got from them last year and recently.
good luck with it all.

ps, I think this is shocking
No i didn't get any explanation as i was trying to take it all in,my mind was in overdrive of the change i know im stupid for not putting a fight up or questioning it my own stupidity, when i booked and paid the deposit i received my invoice with the flight information and hotel also the park tickets was on the invoice i also received the atol certificate as well. I booked the lounge and airport parking separately myself and have received a full refund for the lounge from Dublin airport with no charge i was quite impressed with that outcome,the man i spoke to from the holiday company told me was i happy to go ahead that no changes can be made after, I stupidity said yes so i guess its my own fault.What really gets me is he hasn't replied to my emails from then and answer questions in regards to the changes so i guess i will have to phone tomorrow and get my questions answered
Old 1 Jun 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
McSleepy
VIP Dibber

What Travel company have you booked through?

I think that you need to get a bit more firm with them and tell them that that is not the route that you had contracted with them for and demand that they put you back on the original flights as originally agreed.

We are flying this year from Belfast via Manchester with Virgin but that was our choice due to price. We have in the past gone Dublin via JFK and also via Newark and both of those allowed pre-clearance in Dublin.

Get back on to the Travel Company or if you do not feel confident get someone with some authority to contact them on your behalf.
McSleepy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Sadly that's the main reason I would never fly indirect anywhere, too many possibilities for problems & no one to claim responsibility! Hope it all works out for you.
And I always fly indirect so I have control who I book with and have direct contact with the airline.
This has nothing to do with direct/indirect flights,

This whole shambles is the fault of the travel agent, who sold one products and provided anotger.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
And I always fly indirect so I have control who I book with and have direct contact with the airline.
This has nothing to do with direct/indirect flights,

This whole shambles is the fault of the travel agent, who sold one products and provided anotger.
I always do the same - and agree that this whole mess is the fault of the travel company. Obviously they did not actually book the airline tickets when you paid the deposit but didn't tell you tat little gem.
Get back on to them and see if they can re-route you straight out of Dublin. Mind you, we are booked with Delta for 6th Sept and when we booked, about three months ago, reservation staff said that the flights out of Dublin were very heavily booked and ticketed.

Fingers crossed that you can sort this so at least avoid travelling to UK at all.
Old 2 Jun 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw2011 View Post
I booked last year and was suppose to fly from Dublin to jfk then onto Orlando with delta on the 26th August. I paid my last payment a few weeks back and hadn't received any invoice which i thought was odd so got in touch as i was panicking about booking our seats i need to be together with family(im a very bad flyer) the holiday company i booked with wouldn't give me my flight information to do this until full payment was made ☹ but anyway got in touch to find out where my documents was and was told over the phone that i will be flying with virgin through Gatwick and have to make a connection flight from Dublin flying with Aer lingus that morning at 8.40am to Gatwick then our flight leaves Gatwick at 12.10pm,I know this sounds stupid but i went into a full blown panic attack after that phone call because i had the 51st & Green lounge booked to relax before our flight & we would of cleared customs before landing in America i felt so disappointed on the phone and the man actually turned around and said i should be happy because we actually arrive into Orlando 4hrs earlier,I mean i was so taken back i didn't even ask a reason behind such a change in itinerary for the flights but i think it was to do with the flight with delta was full because i had been checking myself online and the seats had been booking up fast hence the reason i saved so hard to get it paid when i did,the holiday company obviously hadn't our flights reserved at the time of my booking with them.I have since received all my documents through email and logged onto virgin and choose our seats but i feel so disappointed i have no idea what we are in for as we have never flown with virgin and never been to Gatwick before and only have 1hr 55mins to change over🤦can anyone help with this please our connection flight with Aer lingus is showing up with the virgin booking online so does that mean we dont have to collect our bags at Gatwick?Or do we go straight to collect bags at Gatwick then to virgin check in desk? I'm so confused (stupid i know) I have emailed the holiday company 3 times now asking the same questions but still no reply think i need to bit the bullet and ring them again.
Please don’t be offended by this, it’s coming from a good place, but you need to punctuate your post and put it into paragraphs.

I’m sure that you’ll get lots more advice and support when it’s easier to read.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Insist on the route you have paid for. Simples. Sounds like now they have gone to pay for your flights, they have come out more expensive now so put you on a cheaper flight lining their pockets better. A couple of hours earlier/later is one thing and can happen with any airline, but to completely change your airports and flight route is another!
You wouldn’t book a holiday to Orlando staying at the RPR and except a motel down in Miami instead.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List