Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Check in at flybe desk for virgin atlantic flight?

So this morning had some issues trying to do online check in, as we are flying with flybe to Manchester then mco (all as a package on VH)
let us check on the flybe flight no probs, but said go to VA site for flight to mco... OK fine, so I do that and it says check in via flybe website... Que message to VA who say I need to put Manchester as my departure airport right ok so I do that and finally in but now it appears one of us has been selected for the extra security so can't check us all online anyway, they assure me it can be done at the flybe desk at Edinburgh... I sure hope so!

Just wondered if anyone else had experience of checking in at a flybe desk for a virgin atlantic portion of the flight? It is all on one ticket booked as a package
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
McSleepy
VIP Dibber

We did it with flybe from Belfast this summer.

Phone flybe and they will give you a different booking reference to let you check in online through their website.

Sun Haven Villa

Modern 6 Bed Villa
Monitored Alarm
South Facing Pool/Spa
Covered Lanai
Super Fast WiFi
Large screen HDTV
Pool Table

McSleepy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
So this morning had some issues trying to do online check in, as we are flying with flybe to Manchester then mco (all as a package on VH)
let us check on the flybe flight no probs, but said go to VA site for flight to mco... OK fine, so I do that and it says check in via flybe website... Que message to VA who say I need to put Manchester as my departure airport right ok so I do that and finally in but now it appears one of us has been selected for the extra security so can't check us all online anyway, they assure me it can be done at the flybe desk at Edinburgh... I sure hope so!

Just wondered if anyone else had experience of checking in at a flybe desk for a virgin atlantic portion of the flight? It is all on one ticket booked as a package

As it’s a thro ticket when you checked in on the Flybe site did you put MCOas final destination. That way it would have been checked thro all the way.
They will do this at Edinburgh for you. There is no need to check in at Manchester as you and your bags will be checked all the way to MCO.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Not Flybe but we had similar in July when going BA to Gatwick then Virgin to MCO, also all booked on one ticket after Virgin flight from Glasgow cancelled. You should be able to get it sorted at Edinburgh but be prepared to have to sort it at Manchester just in case. We had the same issue as you, our oldest son was selected for extra security check and also told by Virgin it could be sorted by BA at Edinburgh. Unfortunately for us it couldn’t be sorted as Virgin hadn’t opened the flight up on their system at the time we were checking in at Edinburgh however BA did tell us it could normally be done. We were checking in at around 5am for the 6.45 flight to Gatwick and our Orlando flight wasn’t until just after 10am so just too early for the systems to allow it apparently. Hopefully you won’t have the same problem and all will be sorted at Edinburgh. Have a great holiday.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

we has issues last year. flying from Manchester to Glasgow with Flybe an then onto to Orlando with Virgin. We couldnt check in for the Flybe part of the flight only the virgin flight, had to check in at the Flybe desk at Manchester and when we got to Glasgow we had to re-check in with virgin. Apparantly the Flybe system doent link with the virgin system.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
Not Flybe but we had similar in July when going BA to Gatwick then Virgin to MCO, also all booked on one ticket after Virgin flight from Glasgow cancelled. You should be able to get it sorted at Edinburgh but be prepared to have to sort it at Manchester just in case. We had the same issue as you, our oldest son was selected for extra security check and also told by Virgin it could be sorted by BA at Edinburgh. Unfortunately for us it couldn’t be sorted as Virgin hadn’t opened the flight up on their system at the time we were checking in at Edinburgh however BA did tell us it could normally be done. We were checking in at around 5am for the 6.45 flight to Gatwick and our Orlando flight wasn’t until just after 10am so just too early for the systems to allow it apparently. Hopefully you won’t have the same problem and all will be sorted at Edinburgh. Have a great holiday.
Hmm our flybe leaves Edin at 630, the VA leaves man at 945, so we might have the same issue?

So what happened in your case, when did you get your VA boarding passes?

Edited at 06:38 PM.
CarsonMac is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
Hmm our flybe leaves Edin at 630, the VA leaves man at 945, so we might have the same issue?

So what happened in your case, when did you get your VA boarding passes?
We had to go to a Virgin desk at Gatwick to get his boarding card issued and sure enough it had the dreaded SSSS on it. Along with everyone else that had it he was then taken through a side channel at the boarding gate for the extra screening so if one of your party has been selected they might have similar screening at Manchester.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
We had to go to a Virgin desk at Gatwick to get his boarding card issued and sure enough it had the dreaded SSSS on it. Along with everyone else that had it he was then taken through a side channel at the boarding gate for the extra screening so if one of your party has been selected they might have similar screening at Manchester.

Right OK thanks, I think Manchester has a flight transfer desk so hopefully could get boarding passes there if needed instead of leaving the terminal to go to the check-in desks then do security and everything again as we only have a couple of hours between flights.
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
Old 13 Sep 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So just an update with how we got on yesterday.
Flybe wouldn't let us check in for the VS flight at the Edin desk since had been selected for extra security . Got the flight to Manchester fine and it was relatively on time!
Off the plane at Manchester, through flight transfers. The lady here asked for our boarding passes for our onward flight but when I explained we didn't have them and showed her our eticket instead then she gave us a bar code each to get through the gates where they take your photo.
Then followed the signs to T2 and got the airside bus.
Got into t2, there was a sign saying all transfer passengers to go to desk 205 but there was literally no one there and no one to ask. So we followed signs for departure lounge and eventually got to the terminal. Found a virgin desk next to the Frankie and bennys and explained there were needed our boarding passes. Printed there within seconds and we were on our way!
Our bags were tagged all the way to Orlando at Edinburgh so didn't have to worry about that.
Disembark at Orlando most into a empty immigration hall, through in 5 mins, wait for bags took about 10 mins then we were on our way! 😁
Old 13 Sep 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

That’s great that you got sorted at Manchester without any trouble. We didn’t really have any trouble either just it was time consuming as we were already changing terminals which at Gatwick means going through security again. We didn’t need to queue at check in or anything, we spoke to a member of Virgin staff near the bag drop lines as they sent us to an empty desk to get our boarding cards. Our luggage was checked through to MCO also. I wish immigration was that quiet in July! Enjoy your trip.