Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 21, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by GrumpyDopey&Me View Post
Thank you. I didn’t mean to upset anyone. I love fireworks and don’t have a pet so won’t come from the same view I was just trying to give an alternative spin on it

However I am curious to those that hate fireworks and want them banned do they watch the fireworks when at Disney?

No I understand where you are coming from I love to party as much as anyone believe me, but the pets don’t go to Disney and watch fireworks like we do?

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19

Edited at 01:15 AM.
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

All the ships in the bay have been playing with their horns at midnight, competing with the fireworks.
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
They have been going off almost continuously since 6pm here. I get letting some off early for kids who are going to be in bed, but why are they going off at 9/9.30 and 10? I am managing to keep the dog sane with treats, we have gone through a whole packet.
because not all kids go to bed by 7pm maybe ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by janeywaney View Post
No I understand where you are coming from I love to party as much as anyone believe me, but the pets don’t go to Disney and watch fireworks like we do?

Jane
But they would have pets in the surrounding area and they have Animal Kingdom. That is 3 parks nightly so would be worse there
GrumpyDopey&Me is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by janeywaney View Post
We have been in tier 3 since October and it’s been horrendous, I am all for people having fun, but when your pet is totally terrified, shaking and being sick with nerves the fireworks kind of suck to be honest. Yes my choice to have a dog, but I would like to point out it’s not about fun that I posted it’s about how the dog is terrified

Jane
I totally understand where you are coming from. Don’t see the fascination with fireworks (not even at Disney) to be honest, (call me a misery guts if you like) but our dog Ruby we had years ago was utterly terrified as she just didn’t understand what was happening, it was awful to see, I think she would’ve climbed under our skin if she could’ve. ☹️ Our dog now Ozzy, isn’t remotely bothered and its so nice not to have to worry. But I get where you are coming from. Unless you’ve seen the utter terror of a dog (or cat) from the fireworks it’s hard to imagine or understand.

I accept fireworks on bonfire night and new year but it should be only allowed on those nights for animal welfare reasons.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I totally understand where you are coming from. Don’t see the fascination with fireworks (not even at Disney) to be honest, (call me a misery guts if you like) but our dog Ruby we had years ago was utterly terrified as she just didn’t understand what was happening, it was awful to see, I think she would’ve climbed under our skin if she could’ve. ☹️ Our dog now Ozzy, isn’t remotely bothered and its so nice not to have to worry. But I get where you are coming from. Unless you’ve seen the utter terror of a dog (or cat) from the fireworks it’s hard to imagine or understand.

I accept fireworks on bonfire night and new year but it should be only allowed on those nights for animal welfare reasons.

Kat

could you imagine someone suggesting lets just allow cats and dogs out for a couple of times a year for human ( and other animal ) welfare reasons ?

I am playing devils advocate to a certain extent by the way but i just don't get the logic of limiting to twice a year

i am scared on a regular basis going for a walk in the park but wouldn't suggest lets just have pets for special occasions
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by GrumpyDopey&Me View Post
But they would have pets in the surrounding area and they have Animal Kingdom. That is 3 parks nightly so would be worse there
Sorry I don’t follow at all, we live in the UK not in Disney or the surrounding area. We have a 9 month old puppy who is so terrified she has been sick and wet herself with fright 😕

Our old dog never batted an eye with fireworks bless her, but Bonnie is beyond terrified as shown in the photo I put up.

I am not against fun letting our hair down having a release from the awful year we have had etc, just saying how it’s affecting my dog.

By the way this also affects humans too, my dad who is 75 hates them, my son who has PTSD from serving in Afghanistan also hates them. My post is about the dog, not trying to put a downer on other people’s enjoyment

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
could you imagine someone suggesting lets just allow cats and dogs out for a couple of times a year for human ( and other animal ) welfare reasons ?

I am playing devils advocate to a certain extent by the way but i just don't get the logic of limiting to twice a year

i am scared on a regular basis going for a walk in the park but wouldn't suggest lets just have pets for special occasions
😂 I can see you are playing devils advocate but there’s really no need as there is no comparison there.

It’s really about dog owners knowing exactly when the fireworks are going to happen so they can try and limit the distress on the animal.

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
😂 I can see you are playing devils advocate but there’s really no need as there is no comparison there.

It’s really about dog owners knowing exactly when the fireworks are going to happen so they can try and limit the distress on the animal.

Kat
I am not laughing
How do I know when a dog is going to jump up at me or run at me when I am out for a walk ?
Old 1 Jan 21, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I am not laughing
How do I know when a dog is going to jump up at me or run at me when I am out for a walk ?
You are clearly not a dog fan, which is fine.

We can agree to disagree.

But unless you’ve seen the distress of an animal dealing with fireworks it’s hard to imagine, that’s all I’m saying.

Kat
Closed Thread