Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
babynugget
slightly serious Dibber

BA voucher new booking

So we have caved and decided to rebook our July holiday to Xmas time instead.

My question is has anyone had any luck applying a voucher from a BA cancelled booking to a new online booking? The reason i ask is because I have found a deal we are happy with and want to book now, will not have chance to call BA to change the holiday until end of the week due to working long hours and thinking i could just book this now as a new booking then cancel the July booking later and apply the voucher to the booking i make tonight?

Has anyone done this or know if its doable?
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

That's what we did with our last one. I booked online then emailed to ask for the voucher to be applied to the booking. Our voucher email did say specifically we could do it this way. I think more recent ones include a code you can enter at the checkout? They do change the way they do things though, so might be worth checking on the website that you can still do it this way.
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

ours was the same as caro, had a booking for feb 2021, cancelled and found a good deal for august 2021 so booked it and then emailed and asked for the voucher to be added.

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Yeah you can do it exactly that way.
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
babynugget
slightly serious Dibber

Had you both booked the new holiday booking before getting the voucher?

I’ve just looked on the BA website and found somewhere it says that it can only be used for a new booking not existing which seems silly
Old 23 Feb 21, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by caro View Post
That's what we did with our last one. I booked online then emailed to ask for the voucher to be applied to the booking. Our voucher email did say specifically we could do it this way. I think more recent ones include a code you can enter at the checkout? They do change the way they do things though, so might be worth checking on the website that you can still do it this way.
I cancelled my July 21 holiday at the beginning of the month and didn't get a code - just an email to tell to say to reply back with new booking number and the value would be applied to the new booking.
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

Mobile Use if voucher

BA time stamp all activity so as long as the voucher was ‘issued’ even if you haven’t received it, before you made your new booking it is classed as a new booking and you can call up to use the voucher on the new booking. Obviously if you make the new booking before you physically receive the voucher you will have to pay the deposit out of pocket then add on the vouchers. Worth doing though if you secure a good price because if you hang around prices are likely to increase
Old 23 Feb 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
babynugget
slightly serious Dibber

The package we were going to book has now increased by over £2000 in the last 24hours!

Thanks for responses, plan now is to keep our July booking and hope it goes ahead, will keep checking December prices though 😉