Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 21, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Oh, travel companies. Our troubles started in 2009 when we booked our honeymoon through our local TA but was a virgin booking. My parents knew when / where we were going and as a surprise for us had paid the TA for us to upgrade to first class flights. The TA never transferred the money to Virgin, or sorted the upgrade with them before they closed down, and my parents had to go through extensive steps to get the money back and eventually virgin agreed to honour it (they had bank statements and emails exchanges demonstrating what it was). The main holiday had been paid to virgin, who then seemed to be having problems with it. Leading up to our wedding, I was having to spend an hour a day in my lunch break on the phone to people to sort it out. It wasn’t hard, they had all the details and just needed to send the tickets. It got to the point where they had to courier everything to our wedding venue on the day of our wedding!

We didn’t book through TA’s again, especially after the missing £1500, although my parents did. They tend to go for those high end tailored tours, and a couple of years ago went for a tailor made trip to Japan, to follow England in the Rugby World Cup. They paid a sizeable deposit on the condition that they would get the package offered which included 5 games, and if not it was refundable. The TA then said they hadn’t been able to secure any tickets at all. My parents were fairly generous in saying they would just like to use the deposit for another holiday rather than asking for the money back. The TA refused. Think the solicitors got involved with that one!
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I find it amusing as the TUI aircraft that have been flying that route this past 8 years have been vastly superior to the ancient, Virgin 747s..
Newer and less shabby.
Better air quality due to the B787 Cabin air system.
Quieter.
Dump fewer at Orlando (albeit Sanford which I prefer anyway). and therefore fewer pax to jam up immigration.

Why for the life of me that VA think their product £800 better, I simply do not understand. It is at best, comparable, but I would pay a premium to fly B787 over B747.
I have this year booked, but interested in next year and didn’t realise you could book direct from Birmingham to Orlando and alway interested in seeing the cheapest direct flights from relatively local airports. Just gone on TUI and they seem pretty sporadic for next year from Birmingham (can’t book anything this year before and earliest is March 2022 for some reason). Even they they are £5,400 for a family of 5.

Where are you seeing these prices please? This year we got Virgin Man-Mco direct for 5 in Aug for £2,500.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
I have this year booked, but interested in next year and didn’t realise you could book direct from Birmingham to Orlando and alway interested in seeing the cheapest direct flights from relatively local airports. Just gone on TUI and they seem pretty sporadic for next year from Birmingham (can’t book anything this year before and earliest is March 2022 for some reason). Even they they are £5,400 for a family of 5.

Where are you seeing these prices please? This year we got Virgin Man-Mco direct for 5 in Aug for £2,500.
I think you got those Virgin August flights so cheap because of Covid. Last summer they were between £800 and £1000 Manchester to Orlando. I’ve been tracking them for a couple of years and this year I saw them go as low as £450 in the school holiday period.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by AhoyShipmates View Post
I think you got those Virgin August flights so cheap because of Covid. Last summer they were between £800 and £1000 Manchester to Orlando. I’ve been tracking them for a couple of years and this year I saw them go as low as £450 in the school holiday period.
Completely agree I got them cheap because of COVID. And also agree that they are usually £800 to £1000 per person.

But they seem to be more expensive from Birmingham like for like next year and I’m genuinely interested if they they are a cheaper option... anyone else flown direct from Birmingham and got these great prices £800 cheaper on a regular basis?
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I see one of the travel agents named here as being particularly pushy are emailing today offering 30% off kids flight prices for 2022. Wow - offering a reduction on prices that they've just made up themselves as the airlines haven't even released these flights yet!
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney0210
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
I see one of the travel agents named here as being particularly pushy are emailing today offering 30% off kids flight prices for 2022. Wow - offering a reduction on prices that they've just made up themselves as the airlines haven't even released these flights yet!
This is laughable isn’t it? What a joke!
Disney0210 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Some pretty harsh comments on here! You obviously haven’t found the right TA.

I’ve been one for 11 years , and I’d be mortified and devastated if I thought any of my customers or even people I quote thought of me like some have you have posted.
Old 26 Feb 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ste View Post

I’ve been one for 11 years , and I’d be mortified and devastated if I thought any of my customers or even people I quote thought of me like some have you have posted.
I think many people have said not every TA is a bad TA, many are excellent, just like not every holiday maker is a nuisance when making their booking but some are!

I dont think people have been harsh they have simply recounted how they feel about the way they were treated!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ste View Post

Obviously not... hence the comments..
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List