Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
RossS
Excited about Disney

You never know some things may be back by the summer (depending on when you are going) I know they are hoping to have Epcot fireworks who knows what else.

Im being realistic and trying to stay calm that I still may not be going. It'ts horrible isn't it!
RossS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Well we have booked the hotel at Gatwick and carpark for August now. Just going to confirm the hire car with Alamo.

Then hopefully its all systems go!
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I'm not really worried too much about the lack of fireworks, I just want to get there 😊 Come on Biden, hurry up and let us know when we can come in 🤗
Old 24 Feb 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

I've got our trip booked for 17th Aug (3rd time moved) but I still land on the side of it not going ahead. Although I'd love to be wrong.

I think there will be travel and holidays this year just not to the US. Main travel destinations New York and California are no where near wanting tourists and Biden will do no favours for Governor De Santis.

I was certain last summer US holidays would return, then I was certain they would start back up for the spring last year but the time flew by and nothing changed.
meanwoodwhite is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
I've got our trip booked for 17th Aug (3rd time moved) but I still land on the side of it not going ahead. Although I'd love to be wrong.

I think there will be travel and holidays this year just not to the US. Main travel destinations New York and California are no where near wanting tourists and Biden will do no favours for Governor De Santis.

I was certain last summer US holidays would return, then I was certain they would start back up for the spring last year but the time flew by and nothing changed.

Unfortunately I agree with you
If it was just about Florida I think there would be more of a chance, but all states need to be open
Old 24 Feb 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Unfortunately I agree with you
If it was just about Florida I think there would be more of a chance, but all states need to be open
Yeah I kinda wish that Florida could by-pass federal law and make a travel corridor with the UK.

I just think as you say so much of the US is not interested in any foreign tourists any time soon.
meanwoodwhite is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

How's everyone doing? I'm wondering what's going to happen regarding masks in Florida now that Texas are doing away with them! Be interesting to see if Florida follows suit...

Edited at 08:53 PM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I think they might, however doesnt mean Disney necessarily will!
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
I think they might, however doesnt mean Disney necessarily will!
If the state does, then Disney will as well. Doesn't make any sense to go against the whole state!
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Will be interesting to see. I can’t see Florida lasting another 5 months with masks though 🤷🏼