Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Feb 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I think that comes down to how you holiday, but if you're in a budget mindset then I could see how that might be the case.

We still spend a lot on food and drink when we have the free dining plan...

- appetisers
- drinks with dinner (who only wants one drink?!?)
- drinks in the parks

In short, we're on holiday so we'll have what we want when we want, but we've been fortunate to have that mindset.

I've just searched my email for "Guest Pay folio" and found the following...

2019 - 10 nights at the Beach Club, 2 adults and 2 kids on Free DDP - $1,530 additional spent. There are a few souvenirs, but the majority is food and drink.

2016 - 14 nights at OKW, 2 adults and 2 kids on Free DDP - $2,091 additional spent. I'll add that we travelled with friends on that trip so there was a lot of booze brought both in Epcot and the Gurgling Suitcase!

If you're not much of a drinker and/or decide to stick solely to what is included with the DDP then you'll only really have gratuities to worry about, although 14 table service meals can add up to quite a lot in tips.
Good point on the tips!

If you are on a budget you probably want to consider going for a quick service plan over a restaurant based plan to avoid tips.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
I would consider £7,000 highly doable. I agree that you should probably consider the end of August to reduce costs and crowds.I think Bozza is right that the ticket prices are pretty much fixed so £1800. I think that if flexible you will probably be able to bring in the flights for around £2,000 or a little less.

Having experienced both onsite deluxe and offsite £30 a night and had fun at both I wouldn't choose onsite for a budget holiday particularly at the moment when the associated 'perks' are less solid than usual.

I also wouldn't stay on idrive for a Disney holiday because of the relative distance. I would pick Lake Buena Vista and preferably an apartment complex like Bluetree which would give you park shuttles ( limited), sitting room, balcony, two bedrooms at about £70 a night currently from travelrepublic. This is pricier than the cheaper hotels but also gives you a full kitchen and is within walking distance of the supermarket and some restaurants including Disney Springs so you could eat many meals at the apartment if you wished but also get to some restaurants easily. That would make accommodation about £1000.

I make that £4,800 ish in total which should leave enough for food, a few souvenirs and a car with car parking charges or ubers if you prefer. We have never had a car in over a dozen trips and haven't missed it but many people find it greatly improves things for them.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

I would suggest staying in a ‘Disney partner hotel’ near Disney springs - that way you get Disney buses from your hotel. We’ve done the hotels on I-drive with shuttles, but the times are quite restrictive, whereas Disney buses should run at least every 30 mins.

If want to save more, fly indirect.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
If you're holding off for BA flights (we're doing the same) then price your hotel in with them. We've had great prices for Rosen Inn at Pointe during the summer holidays.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
I think it’s definitely doable 😊 We did Disney Deluxe hotel with dining plan in 2019 and paid big. We’ve decided we need our Disney fix and are going budget for Aug 2022. I’m a teacher so have to go in the holidays. We always go last 2/3 weeks of August. We’ve just booked a condo at the Blue Tree Resort for 16 nights - £1100! That’s a 2 bed, 2 bath condo with a kitchen etc. This will allow us to save some money by having breakfast there every morning. Also, the hotel provides a shuttle so you can save over £1000 not hiring a car with parking,
Flights - We’re going to wait until September (11 month release). I’ve budgeted £500pp but happy to fly indirect.
Tickets are pretty much fixed price - £480pp.
Then we’ll mostly eat at quick service places to keep costs low. Some of the QS in Disney are fantastic. Also, do a Walmart shop at the start to stock up on things like bottled water. 1 bottle in the parks is around $4 or a 24 pack is around $5 in Walmart. No brainer One thing I’d say, is try to put some money aside for snacks!

Past Visits: 2012 (WDW), 2013 (WDW), 2015 (WDW), 2017 (DLP), 2019 (WDW), 2023 (WDW - 50th Anniversary).
Planned Upcoming Visits: December 2023 (WDW)

Edited at 11:00 PM.
NatalieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Really depends where you are flying from.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Have you thought of May half term and doing 10/11 nights. Over the years this has been a great value holiday for us.
Mazascouser is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

£7000 is easily doable.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

I am the Queen of Orlando Budget holidays.. all of our holidays haven't come to anything like your budget.

Ours for this year, flights, villa, car hire, Disney tickets is less than £4000.Add £1000 spending money onto that. Booked via BA holidays Flights/villa package.
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mandij39 View Post
I am the Queen of Orlando Budget holidays.. all of our holidays haven't come to anything like your budget.

Ours for this year, flights, villa, car hire, Disney tickets is less than £4000.Add £1000 spending money onto that. Booked via BA holidays Flights/villa package.
Wow - is that for four - in school holidays - if so I am impressed!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List