Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Feb 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

Is this a daft idea? (Summer 2022)

Hi, we’ve booked a Villa for July/august 2022 so want flights and car hire

On virgin holidays I can fly lhr-Mia, return 28 days later and have a full size suv with insurance for £7k Almost to the penny.

This is for 4 passengers in premium.

Is this cost in line with previous years or way over the top etc?
Mikeandrach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

2 years ago we had a full size SUV for 18 days for £650, fully insured with a full tank of fuel and additional drivers, so pro rata that to 28 days would be roughly £1,000.

Flights from London I’d be targeting about £500 per person direct in summer school holidays.

I think if you are patient you can get flights and car for £3,000 when you are 11 months out, so the above seems very very expensive to me. Even if flights and car hire are a bit more expensive next year, this still seems massively inflated at this point.

Edited at 03:22 PM.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

Thanks for your reply

I realise prices can change but booking the suv through dfch is approx £1700, leaving £5300 for the flights, £2000 of that is the upgrade to premium

I don’t mind paying a little more to secure, but don’t want to pay double either

My biggest concern is with all the pent up demand, 50th anniversary etc next year and no Thomas cook or Norwegian, will flights be crazily expensive?

I priced up the same this year (may be meaningless I know) and it’s about £800 less
Mikeandrach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

I would be shocked if a flydrive with BA when released into MiA wasn't an awful lot cheaper. Would certainly hold out for BA to release.
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyannie
Proud to wear my Ears

For me, if you can afford it book it!

You've already booked your villa and you are travelling in school holidays.

Many people including myself are moving from this year to next year.

I wouldn't risk waiting too long to book it.
Aug 13 Highlands ReserveSept 17 AKL/Highlands Reserve

Sept 22 Port Orleans Riverside/Wish DCL/Dolphin/Highlands Reserve
disneyannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

That’s my thinking. Affordability isn’t an issue, just hate feeling like I’ve overpaid haha

I can get approx £500 off that price by using their frequent flyer programme too.

I priced the same dates etc this year with ba and virgin and they are very close to each other and not far off the virgin next year price, think I’ll book tonight, yes I’m going to be paying a bit more, but I’ll have some certainty
Old 25 Feb 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Crazy price. You’ll be paying a lot more than those of us that wait for the flights to be released and then monitor them for a decent price.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

In any normal year I’d totally agree with you

But I expect demand in 2022 to be huge, and no Norwegian or Thomas cook leaves a big gap flight wise in the market
Old 26 Feb 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mikeandrach View Post

But I expect demand in 2022 to be huge, and no Norwegian or Thomas cook leaves a big gap flight wise in the market
I think your price is about £2000 too much.

Price and demand will regulate itself as it always does. Steep prices will make some people rethink altogether, also a lot of people have been negatively financially impacted by the pandemic. I would hold off and see what the real prices are like rather than book made up prices.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mikeandrach View Post

I’d be expecting business/upper for that price in 2022, especially to Miami.
If Virgin/BA are back to pre-covid levels by summer 2022 I’ll be shocked.
A lot of people have been hit very hard financially by covid. The airlines need to fill the planes ASAP not price people out.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List