Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Aug 18, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Bugs... acceptable or not?

Arrived at our villa on Friday, went out for dinner straight away.

When we returned we noticed a couple of smallish bugs on the kitchen floor. Then we noticed a few more, and then a few more. They look like cockroaches but smaller.

Found a can of Raid in the kitchen cupboard, along with some more, bigger bugs, and sent them to meet the big bug in the sky.

Came home from dinner tonight to a fresh batch, a few dozen that I managed to catch, and probably the same amount that managed to get away.

I spoke to the management company this morning, they can’t do anyth8ng until Monday, ive also emailed the owner direct and sent some photos.

Just went to load the dishwasher and there were loads runn8ng around inside. I’ve run out of Raid so can’t do anything more until I can get to Walmart tomorrow.

DD12 is scared to go in the kitchen, DW is thoroughly peed off.

The rest of the Villa is clean and tidy, it’s just the kitchen that appears to have the problem.

I’m thinking of finding another villa somewhere and moving us all out tomorrow.

Thoughts?
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The odd odd bug is a fact of life in Florida but not what you describe as an owner I'd expect my MC to be dealing with this today easy to buy the stuff in Walmart or Lowes both 5 mins away if you are on the Dunes then get the pest control company they use out Monday to do treat the whole house again
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I wouldn't be happy about the number of bugs. I've encountered one or two usually at the start of the holiday but what you are describing is an infestation. I Would expect the management company to be right out and having the property treated asap.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Not acceptable, contact the mc and explain the problem , photos videos show them what they are dealing with, just a heads up roaches fly too 🤬 i know, wifey locked me and my dad in a garage with them��💩💩💩
Old 26 Aug 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

We had lots of cockroaches in our emerald island villa we stayed in a few years ago. Only in the kitchen but they were horrible and came out at night. Ended up keeping the kitchen lights on at night and it stopped them coming out lol. Thought it was to be expected but now realise not as haven't had any on any other villas we've stayed in. Wish I'd complained at the time but didn't x
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Maybe the odd one but not dozens .
Also surprised MC can't arrange something until Monday
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
McSleepy
VIP Dibber

Contact the Management Company again and emphasize the numbers.

They need to get pest control to deal with this quickly. This should resolve it as you say the villa is clean.
McSleepy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
You may see bugs but if the home is properly treated each month they would be dead...if they aren't it hasn't been.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

We have only ever had One bug in all our time staying in villas, What you are describing sounds like a pretty bad infestation, Most villa owners pay regular for pest control, This to me does not sound like it has been done, Have you contacted the owners as well as the MC, Maybe the owners are unaware that pest control is not being done properly.
I really dislike bugs, But I no we all have to live with them, But living with this many I would be out of there. The MC should of dealt with straight away.
Also if there was Raid under the cupboard it makes me think they new there was a problem, But have just not dealt with it properly. I really hope you get this sorted ASAP its not nice.
Old 27 Aug 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I hope you get this sorted, this would honestly be my worst nightmare, let alone my daughters! I def would be contacting the MC again to tell them this needed to be sorted now, it is not reasonable to expect people to wait and be infested with bugs, whilst paying for the privilege! And as other posters have said, the can of raid sounds like they were fully aware of the problem well before you called them! Good luck!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List