Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jan 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Exante diet

Has anybody tried this?
Me and my husband are on day one today, having had a shake for breakfast and a bar just now for lunch.
The shake was fine, quite tasty and not too sugary, unlike slim fast. The bar was a bit too sweet for me, salted caramel, as I don't really eat much sweet food.
Will be having the soup with a home made omelette (sticking below 200 calories so just ham, no cheese)for tea when I get in.
Just wondering if anybody has any success stories to tell me, to keep me motivated?

Edited at 01:39 PM.
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Once years ago , wasn’t impressed and like most diets like that it’s not good for you long term and most struggle to keep the weight off
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I did this for a few months. I had to buy off ebay some cambridge diet fibre as they really made me constipated (sorry TMI).
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. It's a short term diet to lose the pounds I've gained during lockdown. Can I ask how you both managed after you can off it, did the weight go back on quickly?
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

I did Exante years ago. I got on quite well with it, but got quite bored. I ended up progressing from that to a low carb diet, and have followed this off and on for years now. Low carb is the only thing that works effectively for me.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Funny you should say this I have bought a box today to make the juice, as I don't like milkshakes 🤢. My dh started slimfast a week ago and has lost 9lbs. I have some medical conditions and take numerous medications, some that is not too good for weight, so I am going to try this from tomorrow. Good luck 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lydsabug
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I tried Exante a few years ago as a cheaper option to Cambridge (which I had managed successfully). Lots more choice with exante but like you say, the bars are really sweet.

I didn't lose any weight as after 2-3 days I began to feel unwell and although wasn't nauseous, it did make me pop to the loo a lot. I felt bloated and out of sorts but I have a friend who managed really well with it.

We all have different tolerances with different products and if it works for you, then continue. With any very low carb diet, there is a high chance of regaining the weight quickly unless you change gradually to low carb food and not the shakes and bars. Personally, I gained the weight and more from Cambridge so decided to do the slimming world healthy eating plan and dropped 2-3 pounds every week (bar for the odd week where it was a little less).

I reached my goal and have maintained it now for over a year, just changing my eating habits. Good luck on your weight loss journey, whichever way you choose to do it, if you can stick to it then its so worth dropping some weight and then changing if required.
Lydsabug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I did Exante years ago. I got on quite well with it, but got quite bored. I ended up progressing from that to a low carb diet, and have followed this off and on for years now. Low carb is the only thing that works effectively for me.
That's good to know, I'm just trying to kick start myself in to losing weight and would then like to maintain the loss (hopefully) like you have with a low carb diet.
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lydsabug View Post
I tried Exante a few years ago as a cheaper option to Cambridge (which I had managed successfully). Lots more choice with exante but like you say, the bars are really sweet.

I didn't lose any weight as after 2-3 days I began to feel unwell and although wasn't nauseous, it did make me pop to the loo a lot. I felt bloated and out of sorts but I have a friend who managed really well with it.

We all have different tolerances with different products and if it works for you, then continue. With any very low carb diet, there is a high chance of regaining the weight quickly unless you change gradually to low carb food and not the shakes and bars. Personally, I gained the weight and more from Cambridge so decided to do the slimming world healthy eating plan and dropped 2-3 pounds every week (bar for the odd week where it was a little less).

I reached my goal and have maintained it now for over a year, just changing my eating habits. Good luck on your weight loss journey, whichever way you choose to do it, if you can stick to it then its so worth dropping some weight and then changing if required.
I've seen that some of the side effects you have described are possible during the early days due to entering ketosis. Hopefully I can get past this if it happens.
I've never had to do anything like this before as I have always been slim but since I turned 45 and also during lockdown I seemed to have gained one too many extra pounds. I've noticed it more as my uniform is becoming a bit snug.
Hopefully if this works I can then try and maintain it like you have by changing my eating habits.
Old 12 Jan 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gingerlife View Post
That's good to know, I'm just trying to kick start myself in to losing weight and would then like to maintain the loss (hopefully) like you have with a low carb diet.
The Exante diet isn't actually all that low carb, it might have changed now but each pack or bar was around 20g carbs, so 60g a day. A lot lower than a normal diet, but not low. It is very low calorie though, I think each pack/bar was 200 calories?

I remember with the shakes I didn't like them as shakes, and I used to heat them up in the microwave and make them into a kind of custard instead. Only liked the vanilla and chocolate flavour (not just in Exante, I only like those flavours full-stop) so would alternate vanilla and chocolate 'custard' for breakfast!

It definitely did work for me for quite a while, can't remember how long I stayed on it as a good few years ago now, and I actually found after a few days I wasn't really hungry (guess it was low carb enough to help with that).

I find low-carbing a million times easier though (helps that my husband does all the cooking and is brilliant, I'm not much of a cook really) and even as a vegetarian low carber, I can eat so much food (and indulge my love of cheese!).

I have put on a significant amount of weight over the last couple of years, this is down to a thyroid condition. Last year I found that even my much loved low carb diet wasn't working, however whilst my medication level still isn't perfect, I think it's got me in a better place as weight loss is now happening again. Started back on low carb diet on 1st Jan and lost 8.5lbs so far (first week is always great, then is slows right down!) so am happy with that. Hopefully with no holidays on the horizon and a proper concerted effort I'll lost some of this horrible extra weight I gained.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List