Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Cancelled - May BA

Just spoke to a really helpful advisor on live chat about getting a refund for my 08.05.21 holiday. She said because I was due to travel before 17th May I was entitled to a refund and actions my credit card. I feel really upset but equally at the same time relieved that I’ve not lost out financially. I really want to rebook for next year but as flights aren’t released until June this year she wasn’t able to do that. I will just do loads of research. Virgin are coming out around £1000 more. I’m just debating that if I book with Virgin now and then BA come out cheaper in June I’ll be upset too. Anyone else in the same boat?
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Can I ask whereabouts you find the BA chat please?

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post

We are due to travel on 23 April with Virgin but I cannot have a refund yet due to the flight not being cancelled.
I personally would wait until June. Tui have flights if you have checked them? I’m wanting to go with BA so will wait until the flights are released.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

I also thought she would say that because the flights have not been cancelled I wouldn’t be able to get a refund. Remember it illegal to have a holiday until the next review so no holidays will happen so I would fight for your refund. Yes I’m going to wait until June and perhaps book with BA again as it would have been the same with a voucher. I’ve looked at TUI but don’t want to travel to Melbourne and have the 1.5 hour drive with 2 young kids to Orlando!

Originally Posted by Goofy71 View Post
We are due to travel on 23 April with Virgin but I cannot have a refund yet due to the flight not being cancelled.
I personally would wait until June. Tui have flights if you have checked them? I’m wanting to go with BA so will wait until the flights are released.
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

On the homepage at the top there is a Covid section. If you click on that it takes you to another page with a chat function at the bottom.

Originally Posted by stepmead View Post
Can I ask whereabouts you find the BA chat please?
Old 23 Feb 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Thank you

I would definitely stick with BA as their customer service has been brilliant. I know a lot of people have been let down by Virgin.

We have swapped August 2020 to March 2021 to August 2021 and now looking to swap to either October or December 2021. Each time BA have been very helpful.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Yes I think their customer service has been brilliant. I just need to wait until June now and see what happens. Just worry about the price increases but that’s bound to happen given the current situation.

Originally Posted by stepmead View Post
Thank you

I would definitely stick with BA as their customer service has been brilliant. I know a lot of people have been let down by Virgin.

We have swapped August 2020 to March 2021 to August 2021 and now looking to swap to either October or December 2021. Each time BA have been very helpful.
Old 23 Feb 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Oh wow, we’re due to fly the 14th May
I’ll give it a go, it’s the only thing we’re now waiting on .

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Yes I would ring/chat to them. It will still be deemed illegal to travel prior to 17th May (will still be subject to review even then) so they know they have to legally refund. It’s just a weight off my mind knowing the money will be back into my account.

Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
Oh wow, we’re due to fly the 14th May
I’ll give it a go, it’s the only thing we’re now waiting on .

Jules
Old 23 Feb 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisJoandBen89
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=Aarti;14852735]I also thought she would say that because the flights have not been cancelled I wouldn’t be able to get a refund. Remember it illegal to have a holiday until the next review so no holidays will happen so I would fight for your refund.

This is a great example of how differently BA and Virgin have dealt with their customers this last year. We live 30 mins from Manchester Airport, but are happy to travel to London to fly with BA. We’ve an LA and Florida booking with them that have both had to be moved, and they’ve been great. Miles cheaper than Virgin too, in our experience.
Waiting until June is definitely the right move OP