Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

2022 flight prices

Looking at fly drive prices for next May and they’re pretty high at the moment.

Really not sure whether we should wait or just book them. I keep hearing how busy it’s going to be and how much more expensive flights are going to be but in reality we don’t know what’s going to happen.

Just not sure what to do 🤷🏼
Old 24 Feb 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Same here ...I’ve got an open ticket which I’m wanting to use for may but won’t be released till the end of June and the cynic in me tells me it won’t be anywhere near the price my open ticket is covered for !
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm holding out, I think its far too early to predict and I don't want to lose a deposit for prices that aren't that great. We will fly indirect if we are priced out of direct.
Old 24 Feb 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think anybody booking early is going to be paying a premium as they know initial demand will be high. I would probably book early for Easter as those dates will probably sell out first.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I think anybody booking early is going to be paying a premium as they know initial demand will be high. I would probably book early for Easter as those dates will probably sell out first.
We're looking at going in May into the long June bank holiday so I think prices will be high then too. So hard to know what to do
Old 24 Feb 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Hangfire
Getting Excited

it's a tricky one, looks like only British Airways & Virgin are offering direct flight for 2022 at the moment? And only from Heathrow if travelling from London?
Old 24 Feb 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hangfire View Post
it's a tricky one, looks like only British Airways & Virgin are offering direct flight for 2022 at the moment? And only from Heathrow if travelling from London?
BA normally only offer flights from London to Miami, Tampa and Orlando with possible connections from the regions and Scotland. Virgin normally offer non-stop services from Manchester and Glasgow as well as London to Orlando. Norwegian aren't offering any flights now and TUI are going into Orlando Melbourne in 2022.

BA Holidays are offering holidays up to 17th October 2022 but you have to telephone for information and quotes but these are only for Orlando as far as Florida is concerned. A Dibb member on another thread has already contacted them and reported that these are purely for flights+hotel for the entire holiday and not for Fly-Drives or Flight+1 night hotel bookings.

Edited at 01:13 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

I tried to contact them about May next year and the guy was adamant that he couldn’t help me as flights won’t be released until June this year. I was told by another that if I rang they would be able to help. I’m just going to wait until June to book as there is still so much uncertainty around the US borders and hopefully will know better by then.

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
BA normally only offer flights from London to Miami, Tampa and Orlando with possible connections from the regions and Scotland. Virgin normally offer non-stop services from Manchester and Glasgow as well as London to Orlando. Norwegian aren't offering any flights now and TUI are going into Orlando Melbourne in 2022.

BA Holidays are offering holidays up to 17th October 2022 but you have to telephone for information and quotes but these are only for Orlando as far as Florida is concerned. A Dibb member on another thread has already contacted them and reported that these are purely for flights+hotel for the entire holiday and not for Fly-Drives or Flight+1 night hotel bookings.
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aarti View Post
I tried to contact them about May next year and the guy was adamant that he couldn’t help me as flights won’t be released until June this year. I was told by another that if I rang they would be able to help. I’m just going to wait until June to book as there is still so much uncertainty around the US borders and hopefully will know better by then.
The agent you spoke to was correct flight only(that you can add a car/one night hotel/flydrive etc) won't be released for May 2022 but BA Holidays have released some information this week for booking up to 17th October 2022 that I popped into my previous reply. It is purely for a full hotel stay with flights, not fly drive or flights with 1 nt hotel stays though - here is the link and the information is at the bottom of the page:-

britishairways/en-gb...g-ahead#beyond

This offer may not be suitable for your holiday so apologies in advance if the information isn't what you need
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I think prices will be through the roof next year, there will be no escaping it.

It’s simple demand and supply. This is no 9/11 situation, vaccinated people will be desperate for holidays, many of the working ones with big bank balances wanting to reward themselves. There are of course trimmed down fleets but that is maybe neutral on supply as there’s less business travellers. The downside is that business travellers, booking tickets late in business class etc often pay through the nose and ‘subsidise’ the holidaymakers. So that could knock on in increased prices too if Joe Public can pay.
It would not actually surprise me if people are struggling to get flights in school holidays once holidays become a cert.