Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Feb 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Finally gave up on 2021

After weeks of deliberation and a lot of guess work we have finally given up on sept 2021. It’s a painful decision, it was meant to be our honeymoon 😞 the wedding is still going ahead. We have rescheduled to May 2022. At least we will be there for DW’s birthday. There were many things we factored into it. I believe we have taken away any worry for the rest of this year or at least 6-8 months. Possibly eliminated a watered down experience but the main reason was that we both work together in a reasonably small team. We are not back to work until May 17th earliest. The company have made redundancies and will be reopening with a ‘skeleton’ team so the likely hood we would both get nearly 3 weeks off less than 4 months after reopening is completely unrealistic, I know there are many people in our position but I truly believe we have made the ‘best’ decision. Painful but right decision
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree, we changed our Oct hol as I was worried about restrictions still being in place and its alot of money to not experience all the magic.
Its awful when you do cancel but still have something to look forward too.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
I agree, we changed our Oct hol as I was worried about restrictions still being in place and its alot of money to not experience all the magic.
Its awful when you do cancel but still have something to look forward too.
Exactly the point. With a fair wind things will be a lot better for the world and it’s only 7 months or so, on the bright side more time to lose lock down weight 😂
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

I feel your pain We are in the process of moving our July 21 dates to July 22
There is just to much unknown to take the risk of losing over 6K
Even if we open up everything by 21st June no guarantee that US will open their boarders but if they do but insist on vaccine passports then no way the kids will have vaccine by then
Advice I have been given is that if the flight goes ahead then there is no refund if you can’t travel because you can’t meet the entry requirements
Decision has been made a bit easier because kids said they would rather go next year when hopefully mask requirement will be gone and things may be a bit more normal
Really gutted to have to bail but just can’t risk it
Only another 16 months to go😩
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Derbydave4 View Post
Advice I have been given is that if the flight goes ahead then there is no refund if you can’t travel because you can’t meet the entry requirements
Without unnecessarily scaring anyone, that will depend on who you are travelling with - if you booked with BA promise, you can cancel for a voucher, so not all lost.
Good luck with your new planning
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Without unnecessarily scaring anyone, that will depend on who you are travelling with - if you booked with BA promise, you can cancel for a voucher, so not all lost.
Exactly this, many tour operators offered this due to the uncertainty with booking.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

When its such a special trip, I completely see why you've decided to postpone. We are booked for October and plan to go if we can but its easy to streamline plans to avoid paying over the odds for half an experience if we so wish...honeymoon is a different holiday entirely. It should be perfect, and perfect is different to every couple. You've decided on whats right for you and that won't ever be the "wrong decision".
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Yes you do need to be very careful with the T&Cs. I know people always chase a bargain but my stance at the moment is book direct and avoid online flight sellers especially if the price is too good to be true.

One plus about Orlando direct flights that people don't have to worry about is that they are not going atm. My husband's co-worker was booked for NYC at Christmas and just assmed with covid that the flight was cancelled and he'd get a refund automatically. The flight went and he didn't get a penny back even though we're not allowed in. With Orlando direct you only have to worry about yourself not being able to go once flights return.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List