Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Feb 13, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Discovery cove on thurs pls help (buses!)

Hi everyone we are doing discovery cove on thursday (yes I know it's apparently going to rain boo) have been using the lynx buses to get everywhere as we have passes, just wondering if we are best using them to get there or does the I trolley drop you right at the entrance like it does at aquatica? Because we will just pay the single fare on the I trolley if that's the best way to get there? A lady at the bus stop this morning was saying you can go to seaworld and there is a phone to phone discovery cove and they come and pick you up for free but I just wanna get there early n get an early swim time! Thanks in advance if anyone can help, we're staying at Rosen inn at pointe so not to far away xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 13, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
walklingr
Helping Mickey

Hello,
I can't help with the buses but just double check your swim on Thursday as we went last Tuesday to pick up our photos and they were closed until the friday. We then flew home, I emailed them yesterday asking for the thumbnails and in their automated reply it said they are currently closed Tuesday to Thursday due to the winter season. Don't want to alarm you or anything, and i am sure its fine, just may be worth checking. Discovery cove is amazing, highlight of the holiday, it's like being in the Caribbean. Have a fab time xx
walklingr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 13, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
That's odd - Discovery Cove is open all year round!

As for buses, i'd get a taxi there in the morning...you need to be there early (8am or before) to get a good swim time, and you probably wouldn't be able to do that on a bus unless you got up ridiculously early. Then afterwards you can walk (or shuttle bus) over to Sea World and get the bus home from there, when you aren't restricted time wise. Sea World is directly across the road from Discovery Cove, and is only about a 10 minute walk (most of which is crossing the car park!)

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 13, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by walklingr View Post
Hello,
I can't help with the buses but just double check your swim on Thursday as we went last Tuesday to pick up our photos and they were closed until the friday. We then flew home, I emailed them yesterday asking for the thumbnails and in their automated reply it said they are currently closed Tuesday to Thursday due to the winter season. Don't want to alarm you or anything, and i am sure its fine, just may be worth checking. Discovery cove is amazing, highlight of the holiday, it's like being in the Caribbean. Have a fab time xx
I am very confused by this! Do you mean Discovery Cove? If so, it's open all year round! And im curious as to why you didn't pick up your photos on the day you were there? I've never heard of anyone having to go back on another day to pick up photos!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 13, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

Our plan is to get a taxi from hotel to Discovery Cove as when I looked into getting the trolley to Seaworld then the shuttle bus to Discovery Cove the trolley doesn't start running until 8am. When we leave at end of day we will get the shuttle bus to Seaworld the the trolley.
Old 13 Feb 13, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

You can get either a bus or a trolly to seaworld ..Once there use the free phone to call DC and they will come and get you ..It is a free service ..But I would advice getting there early to get your swim booked

Anita
anita1963 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 13, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
paulaandhappy
Very Serious Dibber

Number 8 bus from International Drive will take you right to the entrance of Discovery Cove we do this every time there is one gets you there for around 8am but they are every 10 mins or so anyway.

:pop:June 06 Imperial swan, Aug 07 Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando, Aug 08 Crowne Plaza Universal, Feb 09Fairfield Inn & Suites Int Dr,Nov 09 Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Convention Centre Universal Boulevard, Sept 10 Homewood Suites Sept 11 Extended Stay Deluxe Universal BoulevardFeb 12 Homewood Suites Int DriveFeb 13 Comfort Inn & Suites Canada Ave Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando Aug 2014 Enclave Suites Feb 2016 Comfort Inn and Suites Canada Ave April 2017 AllStars Music&Staysky Suites
paulaandhappy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 13, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
walklingr
Helping Mickey

We didn't have to go back to collect our photos, it was our doing. The were 10 of us and at the last minute decided to get the disc package, we had to choose which prints we wanted as you get 8 (i think) prints as well as the disc. We took so long making a decision between 10 of us that we ran out of time and our taxi turned up. Discovery cove took our e mail and said they would e mail us the thumb nails. Anyway a couple of days later we went to aquatica on the Tuesday, got there at 9:30 and it was shut til 10 so we decided we may as well go over to discovery cove and select our photos and collect them there and then. The taxi took us over and a lady came out and said they were closed and open again on Friday. I still hadn't received the thumbnails by e mail so I contacted them and their automated reply said that they have received my e mail blah blah blah and that due to the winter season they are currently closed Tuesday to Thursday. I have the e mail right here. It does make sense as when we were there for our day it was so quiet. May be worth checking x
walklingr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 13, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
walklingr
Helping Mickey

This is the reply i had:

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove. Our Guest Correspondence Team will contact you as soon as possible. Due to the winter season, we are currently closed Tuesday - Thursday.

Please have the exact date of visit and all of the names in your party available. DVD's are available for 30 days after your visit and photos are kept in our park for approximately 6 months before being taken to storage. If you can also have card information for new orders and payment/receipt information available for reorders. Please do not give any card information via email. We will call you for any payment needed.We hope that you enjoyed your day here at Discovery Cove Orlando!

Thank you,

Adventure Photo
Discovery Cove Photo
Guest Correspondence
1-800-218-1615
1-407-370-1518
Old 13 Feb 13, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
walklingr
Helping Mickey

Ah ha, this explains it! Just found these 'closed out' dates online. Adds up xx

08-10 Jan, 15-17 Jan, 22-24 Jan, 29-31 Jan, 1 Feb, 05-07 Feb, 12-13 Feb, 26-28 Feb, 05-07 Nov, 12-14 Nov, 19-21 Nov, 28 Nov, 03-05 Dec, 10-12 Dec.

So it's shut today and yesterday and open again tomorrow :-)

Have a fantastic day it's amazing xx
Closed Thread