Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Aug 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Is 2 days at Universal/IOA with express pass and early hours enough?

Hi all.

Currently we are booked at Loewes Royal Pacific for 1 night next August. We're staying in a villa the rest of the time so planning to get to Universal very early on check in day to pick up our express passes and make most of early hours, spend the day in Universal, overnight in hotel and then up early again for early hours at IOA and HP World the next day.

We will have Express passes for both days and believe the parks are quieter by the time we visit late next August, so wondering if we will get most things done these two days?

We also have 14 day passes anyway, so will definitely go back later in the holiday to both parks again along with VB just without the express pass perk.

What's your thoughts please?
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post

I would be comfortable with two days and express passes, in fact that is probably all we would allocate next time we go.

However as we are huge HP fans, on our first trip we spent a lot longer there, twelve days in fact.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I would be comfortable with two days and express passes, in fact that is probably all we would allocate next time we go.

However as we are huge HP fans, on our first trip we spent a lot longer there, twelve days in fact.
My kids are HUGE HP fans so I think we will be back there a couple of time! 12 days though, wow! Love it.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That should be plenty! Thats how long we usually do without the express passes!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
My kids are HUGE HP fans so I think we will be back there a couple of time! 12 says though, wow! Love it.
Well we stayed at a Universal hotel for 12 days, we had a couple of pool days and a KSC day so maybe 9 days in the park and we did partial days.
Old 7 Aug 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I was just going to book a 2 day pass with one night at RPR for express passes for DD and DH to get their fix but at the time there was an offer to buy 2 nights with 3 days free so I booked that. The 5 days have to be used within 7 days of first visit but it means we'll probably go back at least one other day for DD to wander round and take in all the HP theming and just do a few rides if it's busy. In the past I've found that after having the express pass it spoils you when you go back without it on the same holiday (too long for me sitting holding bags).
Mel49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
Hi all.

Currently we are booked at Loewes Royal Pacific for 1 night next August. We're staying in a villa the rest of the time so planning to get to Universal very early on check in day to pick up our express passes and make most of early hours, spend the day in Universal, overnight in hotel and then up early again for early hours at IOA and HP World the next day.

We will have Express passes for both days and believe the parks are quieter by the time we visit late next August, so wondering if we will get most things done these two days?

We also have 14 day passes anyway, so will definitely go back later in the holiday to both parks again along with VB just without the express pass perk.

What's your thoughts please?
This is exactly our plan in 2 weeks time. We’ve not been to universal before and my twin daughters are massive HP fans. I will report back on how it goes!
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tj28 View Post
This is exactly our plan in 2 weeks time. We’ve not been to universal before and my twin daughters are massive HP fans. I will report back on how it goes!
Ah fab thanks. Have a great time... Twin daughters are great!
Old 7 Aug 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
floridaphil
Very Serious Dibber

You'll do everything you want to do easily, love that place, have a great time.
floridaphil is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post

I think two days are fine for the main parks, esp with deluxe hotel express passes; it works best if you have hopper tickets so you cane move easily from one park to the other.

Personally we do volcano bay on a different day and don't really try and squeeze it into the overnighter. However, depending on the closing times it is possible to slot.an hour or two in the evening of the second day. But tbh if a first visit I would focus on the two main parks and go to VB separately.