Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 27 Aug 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

John Pass ... worth Visiting?

Is this place near Madeira Beach worth visiting?
Old 27 Aug 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

I've heard of this but never realised it was an actual place
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
clyde/seymore
Serious Dibber

Depends on what you like I guess. We’ve been going for years. Got plenty of restaurants and bars. Can do water sports from there also.

Nice view whilst you have a drink of an evening. Plenty of shops too. However I would say the shops are a bit like seaside tourist shops. You can find some nice things in them but lots of T-shirt’s with slogans etc.

There are some nice shops there also, a lovely jewellery one, hand rolled cigars (if you’re into that type of thing) home made soaps and a wine shop that sells some interesting bits.

We only stay 5 min walk up the road so we like to go every time we visit. End of October they have a seafood festival too!
clyde/seymore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
shabba
Apprentice Imagineer

shabba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

The ice cream shop there is great. Loads of varieties.

If you need a Bubba Hump fix there's one of them too.
shabba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

We thought it was ok but certainly not worth going out of your way for.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
bigbaggy
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
We thought it was ok but certainly not worth going out of your way for.
I agree we find it a bit tacky (the shops)
they use to have a nice sponge shop but not been there for a while so may have closed

if you have never been then maybe worth a visit to make your own mind up

that part of the coast is very nice so whatever you decide have a great vist
bigbaggy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

We went there for the first time this year, hubby loved wandering up and down looking at all the boats and wave riders for hire. The shops sell quite touristy things, mostly t-shirts with Madeira Beach on them, no good to us as we were staying in Treasure Island.

I quite like looking in the gift shops but once you've been in one they all sell the same, we did eat at Pirate's Pub n Grub on our second night which was lovely food and nice prices, quite a small place especially if you want to eat inside where its cooler but no problem getting seated. I did notice that nowhere seems to do desserts they all seem to recommend the ice cream shop next door/a few doors down.

We did the Dolphin Quest boat trip from here (very good). We are not shoppers and for us it passed an hour but having been I will not be going out of my way to go here again but will stop if passing to maybe eat at one of the restaurants.

The taffy shop is brilliant thought wall to wall flavours.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
We went there for the first time this year, hubby loved wandering up and down looking at all the boats and wave riders for hire. The shops sell quite touristy things, mostly t-shirts with Madeira Beach on them, no good to us as we were staying in Treasure Island.

I quite like looking in the gift shops but once you've been in one they all sell the same, we did eat at Pirate's Pub n Grub on our second night which was lovely food and nice prices, quite a small place especially if you want to eat inside where its cooler but no problem getting seated. I did notice that nowhere seems to do desserts they all seem to recommend the ice cream shop next door/a few doors down.

We did the Dolphin Quest boat trip from here (very good). We are not shoppers and for us it passed an hour but having been I will not be going out of my way to go here again but will stop if passing to maybe eat at one of the restaurants.

The taffy shop is brilliant thought wall to wall flavours.
Where is the taffy shop please?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We stopped at it once and quite liked it. I’m not entirely sure it would be an actual destination for us, but was lovely to stop and have a wander. The birds there were brilliant to watch. Loads of pelicans. And yes, we enjoyed the Taffy shop as well. It was the first time I had every tasted it. I can’t remember its exact location but I doubt it would be difficult to find as the place isn’t that big.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

Mobile

We always drive down for a visit, Delosa pizza is fab, little walk around and sometimes a trip to the beach.

Wouldn’t stay as don’t feel there’s enough to occupy us, plus we love Clearwater Beach.

Nice for a visit though!