Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Oct 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey fanatic
Serious Dibber

To mousekeep or not?

Hi guys, we have never stayed onsite before, but we are this year! I am so excited. We have seen posts online that said they opted out of mousekeeping in exchange for $$ is this something people do? what do you do with towels etc if you need them washing/changing? would you advise or advise against it? pros and cons?

thanks
mickey fanatic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Why on earth you would want to go all that way to Disney World with all that cost and scrimp on house keeping is beyond my fragile little mind

Do you want to be spending time having fun or making the bed

Edited at 10:08 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve had the same dilemma. The extra money would be really useful but, as we’re staying there for 13 nights, we’ve decided that we will keep mousekeeping. I was hoping that we could ask them to do it a couple of times while we are there but it looks like it’s an all-or-nothing choice. I’ve heard they’ll stock you up with shower and bath products and give out clean towels and bed sheets if you ask.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

We did it last year and it was fine. Suppose it depends how messy you/kids are. We got $10 per night excluding the first night, so 10 day stay was $90.

They replace towels, shower gels, and collect rubbish on request. You can pay $10 for a full clean, just call mousekeeping.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Even if you opt out, they still come in on occasion to check everything is ok. You can leave full trash bags outside your room and they will collect it and you can call housekeeping for fresh towels, toilet roll, trash bags etc whenever you like and they will deliver it to your room. We opt out for stays of 5 nights or less but for longer stays we prefer to keep it
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Markpc2013 View Post
You can leave full trash bags outside your room and they will collect it
Well I doubt they want the rest of the guests suffering from you saving $10
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Well I doubt they want the rest of the guests suffering from you saving $10
I don’t actually opt out to save money, for years we came back to the room mid afternoon to find mousekeeping hadn’t been so we then had to leave when they arrived which got frustrating after a while. As I said, for stays longer than 5 nights, we keep it. I was just helping the OP with my opinion but as usual on this site these days all you get is sarcastic replies for being helpful 🙄
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

I would opt out of housekeeping even if you didn't get $10 a night.

We don't make a lot of mess. A phone call every few days for trash and towels and all sorted. Just prefer that to not knowing when someone will be in the room and coming back to find things are not how we left them.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Markpc2013 View Post
I don’t actually opt out to save money, for years we came back to the room mid afternoon to find mousekeeping hadn’t been so we then had to leave when they arrived which got frustrating after a while. As I said, for stays longer than 5 nights, we keep it. I was just helping the OP with my opinion but as usual on this site these days all you get is sarcastic replies for being helpful 🙄

I was having a small giggle - no harm meant

You make a good point!
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We will be opting out next year.
Have read on a few different sites that Mousekeeping is very hit and miss these days anyway.
I am planning a special meal out with the gift card.
I will ask for fresh towels and sheets etc when we need them.

Edited at 10:56 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List