Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Oct 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

We opted out last week in All stars Music as we were only there for a week. when we got to the room there was a stack of Loo roll and loads towels. The shampoo etc was in full size bottles fixed tot he shower wall. They had dirty towel bins near the lift where we picked up fresh ones when needed. We phoned housekeeping to ask for more hand soap and bin liners and they sent up 4 soaps and a whole roll of bin liners .
we used the $60 to buy our resort mugs and a breakfast. I hate the way they tuck the sheets in so tightly anyway and next door wasn't cleaned until 5-6pm so that is when we were back to have a shower so would not have been convienient for us anyway. For us it worked,
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

It’s completely a personal preference. I used to work at a hotel and we had no payback system and we still would always have guests asking to opt out of housekeeping, and sometimes housekeeping would go in regardless and then the guests would come and complain.

Personally I like my room nice and bed made well and coming back from a busy day to a nice room you haven’t had to touch is just the best, but I also don’t like when things have been too moved around so I get why people don’t always want housekeeping.

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I was having a small giggle - no harm meant

You make a good point!
Just as well... 😂😂
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We opted out as the gift card meant we could get the build your own droid without feeling like we’d wasted money. It has it’s pros and cons. I felt like we were phoning for loo roll and coffee pods a lot and the floor could have used a proper sweep. We bought a dust pan and brush to get the worst of it or when someone dropped crumbs. When we called to get something that’s when we’d bag up any rubbish and put out any towels. They did leave a ridiculous amount of towels one day and there’s nowhere to put them.
It was good not having to worry that housekeeping would be there if we wanted to chill in the room of an afternoon but that and the gift card were the only upsides. I think overall my preference would be to have it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

You can always put out the do not disturb sign on your door.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Karababe
Excited about Disney

We did it last year.
We received $130 plus saved the $5 we would have left each day. So in total $200. We made our own beds (changed half way through by housekeeping) and fresh towels etc whenever we wanted them. Used this to pay for tips
Karababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I want to book a room that has always had mousekeeping... wonder if that will become an option.

The thought of being in a room that has not been cleaned each day, gradually getting grubbier and grubbier, those crumbs being trodden into the carpet etc etc and then the room getting its usual quick clean between guests actually puts me off staying at Disney.

I can understand doing it for short stay guests - a day or so will make no difference - but for people staying 2 weeks... ewww.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey fanatic
Serious Dibber

Thanks for you comments guys I think we have decided to stick with it so the going rate is 5 dollars per day tip?
mickey fanatic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey fanatic View Post
Thanks for you comments guys I think we have decided to stick with it so the going rate is 5 dollars per day tip?
Dollar per person is what a lot do...

Personally I find the practice questionable of tipping house keeping as I don't do this anywhere else in the world of the USA
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

When we went in 2014 the kids loved that when we came back from the park their cuddly toys were staged. Not every day but most. It became a game for them. Not sure if they still do that though. They're older now though so dont think they'll believe its Mickey and co 😂😂. We're still undecided, hubby says keep it but i agree just the hassle of them being there when you come back can be a little annoying x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List