Notices

Old 28 Jul 15, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

The Big One Live Trip Report NYC Day 2

After yesterday's hectic day we decided to take it a bit easier today, we planned to do our helicopter ride & walk across Brooklyn Bridge. We slept in until around 9 and got ready. Went to pen station and bought our 7 day unlimited tickets, Anya was free because she was 5 so came to $96.

We caught the 1 train to south ferry terminal, got off and went to a local park as our flight wasn't until 1.30. Made our way to pier 6 Liberty heliport and checked in, with security fee it came to $750 which included the security fee for the four of us BUT we paid using our avios reward points and just had to pay the $35 each security fee. Boarded our flight and took off, I found the flight strange to be honest especially the turns but it was an amazing experience that I would do again, it's nice to see New York from a different side.

Looking back into Manhatten.

Once we landed we set off to the next pier and caught the water taxi to Brooklyn stop, of all the things we've seen so far Brooklyn Bridge blew me away, it is so pretty and when you think it really is amazing what they could do back in the day, found the entrance and walked across, it was lovely, loads of people on there and Anya, nearly caused an accident by wandering into the bike lane it really is worth the effort and I highly recommend it.

Anyas best friend chillie, having a break on Brooklyn bridge.

Anyay, we got off and decided to look for some food and settled for subway, once we left we decided to have a quick look round one World Trade Center and memorial, we have tickets booked for one world observatory on Wednesday so didn't go into too much detail. Maybe it's just me but I didn't find the memorial upsetting, I found it perfectly fitting, and thought it was very tastefully done with flowers placed on people who died in 9-11 for their birthday, the survivor tree was very uplifting. One World Trade Center wasn't has tall has I imagined but when you look at the right angle it really does take your breath away.

The survivor tree.

Big box from taco which was just over $11. We moved on and caught the subway back to our hotel where we showered and bathed before heading out for Samaras choice of Taco Bell, I decided on fries from McDonald's and Sarah had a coffee from Dunkin Doughnuts. We headed back to the hotel where I type up this days trip report. Thank you for reading...

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 15, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by mrsbigbeak - 28 Jul 15 2:05 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 15, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Great day. I haven't done much research for our trip yet but must look into the helicopter tours after seeing it here. I'm not great with heights or flying but forced myself to do a helicopter ride in Barbados years ago and loved seeing everything from a different angle.
SEAWORLD FAN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 15, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Another fab day. DH and I have helicopter tour booked for 9/8/15 I'm looking forward to it but am also a little nervous as we have never done this before.

I'm enjoying reading you live trippie it's giving us a sneak preview of what to expect next week. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Edited at 11:04 PM.
k l is excited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 15, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another fantastic day with the looks of it, really enjoying your trippy thanks for sharing it every day xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 15, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Fabulous day. Great report
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 15, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Fieryannie
Imagineer

Helicopter looked & sounded fab... Yet again amazing!

xxx
Animal Kingdom Lodge - HRH - Aug/Sept 2012
All Star Music Resort - June/July 2009
Fieryannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 15, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Joan
Old 29 Jul 15, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great day, I cannot wait to walk the bridge
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 15, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great day great pics helicopter ride looks brill
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List