Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Oct 16, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Last year in August the new Harry Potter area and ride/train had some of the shortest queues in the park, the express pass or early entry wasn't needed to enjoy these areas.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
Do you get early entry to Harry Potter with Virgin Holidays? Maybe book hotel with them near Universal.
Yes you do. We booked with virgin to stay at the Rosen inn pointe and have got 2 days early entry.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

We couldn't justify it. When we first looked we were planning 14 days in Orlando, then realising the cost of doing Universal, discovery cove and sea world etc we could pay for 5 nights in a NYC hotel and do a split stay. We quickly switched our plans!

That said I'm the only HP fan, my OH has watched (well slept through) the films and the girls are still too young to know much about it. Plus with 2 young children, I think the rest of the park might be a bit wasted on us too!
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I'm in sort of the same position. We go in December , me hubby and 5 monsters (12,6,5,4,2) and for us to do universal it's an extra £1000.
We would probably only do 2/3 days at most. We've been before and we do love it but with unexpected expenses, the exchange rate I'm just struggling to justify it. Our eldest has been 4 times as a littlun and has been waiting forever to be tall enough to go on hulk, it's all he talks about when we mention the holiday

The compromise me and the hubby have come to is, Disney, seaworld and Busch and if the roller coasters he goes on there don't satisfy his hulk craving then I will just take the eldest to IOA for the day while the others have a pool day.

I am quite sad to be fair, we loved going on cat in the hat and all the other bits even when he was little but I know we will have an amazing time doing all the other parks.

Hoping to return in 4-6 years time so will do universal properly then.

If I had the money I would do it, I don't and in sure I'm still going to have an amazing holiday. So if you have the money I say just go for it.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Drop Disney. Save on the hotel.
Visit WWHP. Use early entry instead.

This time I booked a cheaper hotel (for EE) and didn't visit Seaworld or the waterparks.

Edited at 10:07 AM.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post

We did Cabana Bay and a 1 day Park to Park ticket. Arrived at entrance about 45 minutes before entry time, they opened early and we hade done Harry Potter in both parks and all the rides in said parks by 5pm without fast passes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
Drop Disney. Save on the hotel.
Visit WWHP. Use early entry instead.

This time I booked a cheaper hotel (for EE) and didn't visit Seaworld or the waterparks.
We can't drop Disney as we have DVC so our stay there is effectively free. I'm looking at reducing the time there though so we can buy cheaper park tickets.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
We did Cabana Bay and a 1 day Park to Park ticket. Arrived at entrance about 45 minutes before entry time, they opened early and we hade done Harry Potter in both parks and all the rides in said parks by 5pm without fast passes.
I think that might be the answer. I just remember being miserable in the queues last time so I'm wary. I know it doesn't help with the main HP rides but it would help with the rest of the day
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi. I understand the hesitation. I am a die hard HP fan. I am also disabled for so me and my wife as the rest of Universe there is not much I can go on it was it is worth the park entry?

It was ok. But I personally would not pay it given the choice again. I enjoyed Harry Potter studios in Watford just the same for 50 quid... I would rather spend the money on a day at Discovery cove. Now that was worth every penny! Plus you got Aquatica and Seaworld which are also great parks. Much better value but that is just my view. One of the irrirations for me was wanting to ride the Hogwarts Express but having to have both park tickets but only wanting to go in one park.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

We just got a one day ticket without FOLP just to do the WWOHP. We managed to get it all done in one day.