Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Aug 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

In our experience they did'nt suggest clearing anything, moving is a great way of decluttering I asked mine to redo the phots as they were very poor

One house we went to view , the vendor said we couldn't see the second bedroom as her son wouldn't get out of bed ..which was awkward !

I hope he did eventually but the house was pretty 'busy' and cluttered for starters
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
HakunaMatata
Helping Minnie

We had photos taken by an estate agent in our 1 bedroom flat and she managed to spend an hour and a half here! Not seen the photos yet, but would expect them to be good for all the time spent! 😂

Glenbrook villas 2009
Highgrove villas 2011
AKL and HRH 2019
Should have been AoA 2020
We're trying again...Highlands reserve villas 2022

HakunaMatata is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are in the process of selling our house at the moment. It sold in less then 2 weeks for a lot more than the valuation, we live in Scotland so home report states value on it! ( just waiting for all the paperwork to be signed&#129310
We completely de cluttered and packed away nearly all our family photos, we had lots of them😊. We also packed away about 50% of our ornaments. Someone also told me not to show wardrobes 100% full so I packed away some clothes as well so that it shows there are no storage issues.
Good luck with everything 😊

Edited at 08:35 AM.
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I am marketing my apartment and it wil be an estate agents dream as I dont do clutter or ornaments of any kind.

when I sold my Fathers (our old family) home last year the agent suggested removing all personalisation like photos- I didnt follow that advice as for me the house was a family home and that is who would be attracted to it (far too big for a couple) and it sold over the asking price to a family that fell in love with what it as a forever family home.

My little apartment will be for a professional single person or could so clutter free

Market your property yourself for the market you are after - and get the estate agent to follow your direction

Edited at 08:46 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

DH was asked by the photographer if our house was always this clean and tidy.
He said some homes he went in were awful and he couldn’t understand how they expected to sell them because of the state they were in.
Old 30 Aug 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We are hoping to move soon and the houses on the market all look like show homes. Most of the agents here are offering either 360 virtual tours or videos. I really like the virtual tours because you can see everything and get a better idea of the layout. I don't think surprises for viewing are a great idea in the current climate.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
We are hoping to move soon and the houses on the market all look like show homes. Most of the agents here are offering either 360 virtual tours or videos. I really like the virtual tours because you can see everything and get a better idea of the layout. I don't think surprises for viewing are a great idea in the current climate.
Everything that you don’t want seen has to be out of sight for a 360 view. The house we have bought is tidy but has a bit of clutter. They have tidied everything off kitchen work surfaces but had obviously just finished a cup of tea/coffee. The cup is in the sink🤣.
Old 30 Aug 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
cumbrian lakes
Apprentice Imagineer

We put ours up for sale due to stamp duty being reduced. Estate agent told us to declutter - family photos, everything in cupboards and make sure the lawn was mowed. We sold within 7 days, their mortgage is through and property surveyor has been but we cannot find anything we like.
cumbrian lakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I think that most people know how to ‘present’ a house, creating an illusion of space, order and calm. Whether this is the case in real life and habitation is irrelevant. Just look at any presentation of a new build estate, travel agents brochure or similar...they lie.

It is perhaps common sense to de clutter as much as possible and place things in cupboards, drawers, your parents basement or wherever.

When it comes to a viewing, that initial enthusiasm to create an ‘illusion’ may have gone and the viewer is perhaps more likely to see a more realistic presentation of a house. I guess that it also matters just how much the seller is motivated to sell.

Us? We have often redecorated to light, neutral colours before marketing a house. We have spent days preparing for the Estate Agents photography and have listened carefully to his viewpoints and advice beforehand.
Viewings? I need at least a days notice of a viewing in order that I can recreate the illusion that has earlier been photographed. Flowers will have been purchased.
The only items present on a Kitchen work surface are a Kettle and a good coffee maker.
If it is a summers day, then the french windows are open, the Sun umbrella up and the garden looking like a very natural, well used extension to the house (even though in our case it generally is not).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:45 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

We have decided to put our house on the market and are actually disappointed in the photos as they make our rooms look smaller rather than bigger or even actual size!Also, we have a lovely lounge/dining room with bifold doors that lead to the garden, they haven’t included a picture showing this.These were professional photographers that came and done a 3 in 1 service of Photos, floor plan and EPC
We are going for an open day rather than bookings as my kids have turned into Tornadoes leaving a trail of destruction wherever they go during lockdown and I can’t deal with the stress of keeping everything spotless for individual viewings 😤
Luckily we still haven’t got round to putting pictures up on walls or even in frames as we have only just finished decorating.
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List