Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 8 Nov 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

We’ve been doing the family secret santa thing for a few years now, which really scaled everything back, but not doing this year. Ive done my mum a hamper of goodies and new PJs. DS x 2 will get a few odds and rnds and cash/amazon voucher. Other DS and his fiance will get a mini hamper and voucher. Me and DH probably wont bother, i will do a lush order for me, as thats all i want/need! All nearly done though and food in freezer for christmas and M&s food order done. Actually wuite looking forward to a nice quiet easy day. X
Old 9 Nov 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
So we shouldn’t really be going out for non-essential shopping.
But it appears most shops are open giving us free option to go and do gift shopping

But why not do what we are doing and take the opportunity to tell long long cousin Charlie that we won’t be getting him his Lynx set this Christmas and we don’t want a pack of socks in return ?

Or saying to your nearest and dearest that your pile of presents may not be so big this year ?

Let’s keep the virus down , and not get into debt by overspending to keep up with the Jones’s or prove what a wonderful person you are

How many presents did you receive last year that are still unused ? , or only come out when Aunty Joan comes round so she knows how much you love that hideous scarf she got you ?
Did this years ago. We have no children, money was tight for us and even tighter for most of our friends. We agreed cards only - and mostly e-cards at that.

We buy for immediate family only, and they really only want a £20 voucher, so easily sorted.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We all love giving and receiving Christmas presents and keep within our means.
Most of our family spread out their present buying throughout the year and we usually get ours while in the states . Not possible this year obviously so have been shopping savvy during the various sales .
We never buy tatt or jokey gifts and always ask each other if there’s anything they need specifically and if there’s not then we give vouchers .
Don’t intend to change that anytime soon if I can help it .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

We've decided to go overboard this year within our budget of course.
We dont buy rubbish, and only buy things we know will be used and appreciated anyway, but after the year we have had, we've decided we need t have some excitement and joy, so we're buying extra. Plus we're supporting our own economy which is much needed right now, and helping to keep people in jobs and our town centres open.

We have all been shielding here in our family to keep each other safe, so we're looking forward to actually getting out for a day in town at the end of the months and supporting our shops
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

When do the Easter Eggs come out?

Disney332
Old 9 Nov 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

We cut right back last year. I felt the excitement had gone and Christmas was causing so much anxiety. I raised my daughters alone and money was very tight. One year, I bought one present new and the rest were second hand. It was only a few years ago (well into their 20s) that they found out that Barbie boat was second hand. I spent many an evening cleaning and repairing it. They loved it! As a result of these lean times, when my situation improved I enjoyed treating them throughout the year. I still do. I’m lucky that they aren’t interested in designer things or the latest fad, they’re not into fashion or makeup either so they are tricky to buy for. Last year, I announced enough was enough. We were spending money on things we didn’t need and why? So, we put a maximum value and bought each other smaller gifts. It was lovely and removed all the pressure of “What can I get them?” We will do the same this year.
Old 9 Nov 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
When do the Easter Eggs come out?

Disney332
Boxing Day!
Old 9 Nov 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
DH and I haven't bought each other presents for some years now - we always put our money - and birthday money as our birthdays are 1 & 3 Jan - towards a skiing holiday.

My parents dont buy for us anyway and the inlaws are always a bit funny as they dont take well to change! (Any they like to buy their "little" boy presents! )

Anyway I suggested that this year we dont buy anything and we all go for afternoon tea sometime next year and to my great surprise they agreed

Sorted x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I’ve said to dh I would like a new pair of Mickey ears that I have to pick myself from MK 😁
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

We have finally done this. I have always bought for my cousins and their children, 19 presents in total!
It wasn’t only about the amount of money it ended up costing but the time it took to look for nice presents and getting them all wrapped.
My mum also got into the habit of giving me money to get the presents from her for everyone, so she didn’t have to think 😂so double the work for me. So glad I’m not having to do this anymore.
We would also have to take the presents up to Glasgow from Leeds before Christmas.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List