Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 13 Jan 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We had my 50th at the Dorchester as they do a lovely gluten free afternoon tea. As a nice bonus had a meet with Chris Eubank who was such a nice man and spent time with everyone who asked.
shona is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley Cassidy
Very Serious Dibber

We have a voucher for Champagne afternoon tea for 2 in the domes at London Secret garden Kensington. Hopefully we will be able to go in November for my birthday
Lesley Cassidy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
It could be that the Ritz is relying on its reputation and know they will be full regardless.
Oh no doubt - but they won't get repeat guests like us!

I really just want to cry when I think about how bad it was.

They really need to shut it for 6 months and refurb it - or how about during a pandemic
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

We have done nearly all of them but I think if its for women... have a look at the Pret a Porter Afternoon Tea at the Berkeley.

The cakes and biscuits are done like designer handbags, shoes, ballerinas its brilliant.

I took my friend quite a few years ago and she loved it.

My favourite will always be the Ritz though. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cameragirl69
Proud to wear my Ears

Was taken to the Savoy for my 50th and it was lovely. I think it was about £75 per person. Waiting staff very attentive and the room was beautiful. It was decorated for Xmas time so very pretty. It was also very busy and even though we had booked we had to wait for a wee while before we were seated. The staff brought out a lovely bit of birthday cake for me as well which was nice.
cameragirl69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Just an update - we have booked champagne afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason. They had an offer through Virgin Experience where we got it for £98 instead of £140. Plus used the Virgin + credit card so extra points!

Thanks for all the advice x
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just thought I’d add to this thread. I booked the Pret-a-Portea at The Berkerky following Nicksgirls recommendation. Absolutely loved it - probably the best I’ve done. I have said I’m going to try and do each one as they change with the seasons.
Few photos - I do have a list of what each one is but a couple are self explanatory ie Anna Wintour and Tods
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List