Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jan 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

What do you do with old photos?

We’ve got quite a few photos that once were framed and displayed in the house. The big school photos, professional ones etc. As we’ve got newer ones, the old ones have been left framed but gone in a drawer. I don’t particularly want to display them again, but also want to keep them. Some are too big for albums. What do you do?
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Scan and create online photo books then store photos in a clean dry place as Nd hope they last x
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Did you take them somewhere to be scanned? Some of our photos are bigger than our A4 scanner. Some are also professionally framed so are all taped up at the back and I’m not sure if I want to be taking them out of the frames, but then I don’t know if it’s much good just putting them framed into a box in storage.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Roll them in a cardboard tube.

I have most of our photos digitally but don’t like to throw photos once they’re no longer on display so I keep them in a box file.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I wish I knew! We have those packs the Children got twice a year from School containing 2 of the big pictures and loads of the smaller ones. We must have at least 30 of these packs!

All in a cupboard and never even looked at.

We actually got the ones we gave to our respective Mothers back when they died so even though the children had left school the amount kept growing!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Did you take them somewhere to be scanned? Some of our photos are bigger than our A4 scanner. Some are also professionally framed so are all taped up at the back and I’m not sure if I want to be taking them out of the frames, but then I don’t know if it’s much good just putting them framed into a box in storage.
You might be able to find someone local to do them for you. I found a great computer man locally who works from home. He had scanned 1000’s of photos and put them onto USB sticks for me and also transferred hours of footage from about 5 really old video cameras to USB too. He was really cheap and done a brilliant job
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

The last 3/4 years my wife has used one of the on line Callander companies and used some for each month
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

A few years back I bought some loose leaf photo albums- the ones you could buy clear pockets for different size photos as well as A4 polypocket type photos for each of our children
DH and I spent ages sorting some of the holiday / school / days out photos and would put each child’s school/ dance/ scout etc photos as well as a selection of family days out and holiday photos into each one. We also included photos of pets and Christmas mornings we’d had
We gave the kids the albums one Christmas with their present
DD cried when she opened it as she loved it
Also put in it any class certificate swimming certificates etc in in as well
It cut down the amount of photos we had by 2/3rds
In sorting out the photos we were also quite ruthless in throwing away those with parts of people to be cut off, weddings we’d been to where the couple had split up etc
Was lovely to remember the places we had been to as a family
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
I've scanned them all (a3 scanner,). The formal ones (about 300) are on an sd card on a digital frame in the lounge scrolling each 15 mins. Then filed in a big album. No frames or card as they are bulky.

I also have a frame in the kitchen. They scroll much faster and are all the pics from the current month through the years. So I have January 98, 99, 00 erc to Jan 21 on there currently. Lovely to see the younger children grow up every day!

Edited at 10:52 PM.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List