Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Nov 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We booked through Agoda using Quidco. We haven’t paid anything yet and don’t need too till a couple of days before. It worked out at just over £100 a room.

I’m hoping the airport will have started to open up a bit more by then.

Kat
I hope the new virgin club lounge is open for us in Manchester, but if I have to use he escape lounge... I’m sure I can put up with it.
Just as long as I’m going 🎉🥂
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

We booked for Aug 21 at the start of the first lockdown. Was getting a little nervous but now the news of the vaccine has come out, im very positive all will be well in August.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I booked California, Arizona, Nevada on release of flights with BA in October of this year for late August 2021

I was confident then and with the vaccine news, even more confident now.

If I don’t get there next August, then I fear that all airlines will be out of business.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

I’m so in! Particularly since the vaccine news broke. I’m a practice nurse so highly likely to be be spending the next few months vaccinating. We had our brief today and it’s likely we will be working flat out , so the thought of getting to Florida in August will be spurring me on to do overtime etc to get the job done!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blades View Post
Not so much the castle for me but the first pint in the Rose and Crown at Epcot is not going to touch the sides
Blades, we are at YC in August too. Hopefully we can have a drink at Hurricane Hannah’s to celebrate not being relegated. UTB.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

Loving the positivity 😁

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

1st 2 weeks in Sept for us. 11nights Boardwalk 3 nights Royal Pacific. Have been contemplating buying park tickets but had been holding off. May take the plunge soon with the vaccine news

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

We’re in!

Missed the big 50 birthday celebrations this August (we did sneak in a couple of weeks in Crete) so have rebooked for 3 weeks West Coast Aug 21!

Really looking forward to it
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sometime around April this year I joined an "August 2020 positivity" thread even though we weren't going then. Got some abuse to be honest from keyboard warriors who just couldn't abide any positivity posts.

After our April 2020 trip was cancelled we just couldn't imagine that we wouldn't be going this month. How wrong could I be so often.

Anyway we have the villa booked and flights paid for next April so I have to share in August positivity threads don't I?

We won't be going anywhere near WDW (except maybe DS) so our holiday fun comes from villa life, Longhorn steaks and a bit of shopping. I refuse to join the doom and gloom threads.

Mick
Hey Mick, it's great to see you are still a purveyor or positivity! It was my August positivity thread and after using all my energy keeping those keyboard warriors at bay, I took a little break. But I'm back and ready to make positive plans for 2021. Possibly April or October...
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

last weekend we decided to book just flights so we have something to look forward to...

all sort great price 21/8 - 4/9

next day vaccine news announced we have since booked grande villas & hard rock (both pay later deals free cancellations) just need a few days down the coast, thinking delray beach area booked i the middle of our trip

sorted :-)
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List