Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jan 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Now ruling out August 2021

Was booked for Aug 2020 and I felt confident in May we would be going. We then moved it to Oct 2020 knowing we would definitely be going. This was again moved to August 2021.
Its only January, but I am now ruling out August 2021 and aiming for 2022. Why you may ask. Some people are even looking at April and May 2021 still.

However sceptical I have been about the whole dealing of this break out it cant be avoided how badly the world has dealt with it. From those in power who have bombarded us with rules but broke the rules themselves, the way the everyday folk have been treated like expendable souls, the celebrities that have been breaking the rules non stop and rubbing it in our faces that they are sunning it on a beach. (anyway ranting over, for now).

I now have no desire to want to holiday in 2021.

Reasons:
- Furlough is until end of April 2021, which tells you something of their plans.
- Holiday insurance terms and exclusions, and thats if you can get a decent quote.
- At the end of last summer, once lockdown ended, everyone rushed to holiday destinations. Imagine what is will be like this year.
- Seeing how lockdown has been introduced over and over with no warning. How could I relax and plan a summer holiday, without having to think about backup plans and what to do if we did get away and suddenly had a few days to get home before a lockdown.
- After a year, who knows what restrictions the world will have after this. I have no desire to wear a face mask for several hours in the heat. In May/June 2020, it was always a reason to cancel if we could have gone away, we would have cancelled if face masks were mandatory.
- Disney is complete escapism for us. No phones, no news, no email. 2 weeks of isolation. May sound strange to some, but being able to completely switch off is our biggest reason to go to Disney. Somewhere that makes you feel safe.
-Brexit. I will admit I voted Brexit. They had plenty of time to work things out and have a proper hand over (both sides to blame), but the same morons that cant deal with Covid properly have also completed Brexit and given everyone days notice. This mixed with the debt of Covid is going to cost us all. Those that still have a job will be paying higher taxes. How can I continue planning a luxury holiday. Even if we get out of this unscathed, we will know people that have been massively affected.

This world is run by those making money and it seems that those making money are pulling government strings in how to handle this and spin stories to make us scared. We should be cautious, worried but we should not be forced to be scared and I know a lot of people that are scared (like end of the world scared).

Just when you start feeling better, they purposely pull a new reason to panic out of the bag. Now its the super strain, what next?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 05:07 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Without getting political. You say the same morons dealt with Covid as Brexit. Wasn't Boris Johnson a lead player in the Brexit campaign?

It will take the world a long time to recover from this. As someone who has worked on the Covid response from day 1. I do hope we see some recovery this year.

Covid is an unprecedented horror for all involved.
shoei is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I agree with a lot of your frustrations, it puts me off my holiday this year too, we have decided to try and forget about it until June when the balance is due and decide then

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Well it’s an opinion.
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I ruled out 2021 as a chance to return to Florida months ago ... even 2022 is under threat now.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Quite the opposite for us. I think there’s a good chance we’ll be going in Aug. The world really is moving more than a lot of people are giving it credit for (rightly or wrongly).

An example. My friend at work decided they wanted to go see their family in India, so on the 22nd December booked a flight to India and jumped on a plane the next day. They arrived fine and despite us going into lockdown they arrived back home in the UK yesterday.

I know USA is different but we are still 8 months out. I’d be happy with some light shopping, lazy pool days, watching American sports of the TV and eating at whatever restaurants are open. Hopefully everything will be quieter if there’s lots of people not even considering this year.

Just book things that can be moved without losing money, that’s what we are doing.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I understand your reasons op, but we have 2 trips to Orlando booked for later in the year and I’m still hoping to be going. For me, it gives me a positive thing to look forward to and after going quite a few times, we will change our plans to whatever fits best with any restrictions in place, so I still think we can have a good holiday.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

To each their own.

For us, we holidayed in Kos when we could last year.

We’ll holiday when we can this year too; even if it isn’t Florida (which I’m really hoping for).

If this has reinforced anything, it’s that life is too short. We’re a military family (both serving) so we don’t have the luxury of planning holidays 1-2 years out. We take our opportunities when we can get them.

If being in Florida gives you the switch off you say it does: maybe that’s all the more reason to go. A detox from the news, the politics and the negativity.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

See you there ! That's when I am hoping to return.
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
I understand your reasons op, but we have 2 trips to Orlando booked for later in the year and I’m still hoping to be going. For me, it gives me a positive thing to look forward to and after going quite a few times, we will change our plans to whatever fits best with any restrictions in place, so I still think we can have a good holiday.
Exactly this. I’d rather have restrictions in place sat round a villa pool in Florida than sat in my own garden where I will be spending the rest of the summer.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List