Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Jan 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

If this is the case may look into staying at the dolphin or swan. Think they will a sort after option and in a great location ..
Whether you use all like dme, ddp and emh it’s taking away the options .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
The train will not be running by 1st Jan 2022.
Most people seem to think it will be 2023 at the earliest - one train per hour... Unless a 'shuttle' service is introduced in addition to the mainline trains. Who knows? (that's the problem) 😂
The train is not a good substitute for ME imo because it turns it into a 2 stage journey as you still have to get off the train and onto a bus or into a cab to get you to your hotel. The last thing you want after a long flight! Having said that we have only used Magical Express once as we have always used a car service before our last trip.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Depends on how this is operated. The train I think will be terminal C at mco . I will be watching with interest how this will work .
Take journey time into account .. could be like dlp where the train stops at the village . Wdw and the amount of visitors are massive in comparison . Could still do the the luggage drop off at resort letting people go straight to the parks ... Also those will be able to travel to Miami, ft lauderdale . I think these are actual virgin trains .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Apparently, the train line from Orlando to Tampa, which passes through and stops at Disney Springs, won’t open until 2025.

Mears has apparently said that they are looking into continuing to provide bus transportation between MCO and the Disney hotels. This will be a paid service though.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Perthite View Post
Disney are giving us so many reasons to never return.
We want to be valued as customers. They certainly are not doing that at the moment. I hold Disney up to a high standard of customer care. Disney used to feel the same way.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
I think these are actual virgin trains .
They aren’t Virgin Trains.

The deal with Virgin fell through (due to cost?) and therefore these will be Brightline trains.

It could be a bit like DLP, but there you have to get off the trains and get a bus to your hotel. Remember though that WDW is far bigger than DLP with a lot more hotels and greater distances between them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Depends on how this is operated. The train I think will be terminal C at mco . I will be watching with interest how this will work .
Take journey time into account .. could be like dlp where the train stops at the village . Wdw and the amount of visitors are massive in comparison . Could still do the the luggage drop off at resort letting people go straight to the parks ... Also those will be able to travel to Miami, ft lauderdale . I think these are actual virgin trains .
My understanding is that luggage drops have ceased as well. Much to many US visitors consternation.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Thanks for the update I wasn’t sure .
Yeah a lot of extra passengers. Disney are not daft all those extra $ that it will generate operating from Disney Springs for last minute shopping too ..
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Thanks for the update I wasn’t sure .
Yeah a lot of extra passengers. Disney are not daft all those extra $ that it will generate operating from Disney Springs for last minute shopping too ..
After using the Virgin bag drop once and realising that for me it was a waste of time as I’m not a DS shopper whilst I’m excited about the Brightline service in general , the MCO DS leg won’t really change how we do things (Lyft) although flying into MCO and hopping on the train to Vero sounds like a great option.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
After using the Virgin bag drop once and realising that for me it was a waste of time as I’m not a DS shopper whilst I’m excited about the Brightline service in general , the MCO DS leg won’t really change how we do things (Lyft) although flying into MCO and hopping on the train to Vero sounds like a great option.
I find the Brightline website frustrating along with others showing information about the new service as it seems very difficult to get details of stations, if any, that may be built between West Palm Beach and MCO. We now know that Disney Springs will get a station but any other information beyond that is almost non-existent - it is almost as if Brightline make it up as they go along as far as the future developments are concerned (even before the CV situation).

Whatever way you look at it - passengers coming into MCO heading to WDW will notice the changes eventually.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List