Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jan 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Minimum of about 2 hours/day, but every single day of the year (apart from when away on holidays, but can only go at Easter, so no days off since April 2019). Maximum of about 17 hrs/day in busy bits - it's a farmer thing.

We don't do furlough, in fact the pig side was 'Christmas kill' last March(far busier with smaller pigs sent to slaughter) as you all went to the shops and bought more food. And I don't mean the stockpiling and the panic buying - almost everyone changed their shopping habits overnight as children didn't have school dinners, nobody ate out, no coffee on the way to work, no grabbing a sandwich for lunch - everyone ate everything at/from home so everyone bought more food.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

I work 22.5 hours per week. I work in a school and these hours work around my own kids. They go to different schools.
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MINI MOUSE
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

24 hrs a day , 7 days a week , 365 days a year ! We are foster carers so on call or “at work “ all the time and has been made even harder due to covid and homeschooling / FaceTime contacts / meetings etc etc and having 3 children from 3 separate families has added to the stress and workload . Saying all that it’s a very rewarding job where we can show children what love and feeling safe means and we get to help and guide some children on to their next chapter .
Any one looking for a career change there is a national shortage of carers especially with the situation we are in.
MINI MOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post

I retired from a 24/7 job and wanted to do voluntary work then covid hit

Going for being on call 24/7 365 to zero is very hard and I haven’t adjusted yet - then again my dream of travel and voluntary work are on the back burner ready to take off again as soon as . . . . .
So similar to my situation. Tough job in the city, often 12 +hour days plus 90 min commute each way. Occasional weekends and B/Hs.

I loved it, to be honest. A new boss finished me off with his bullying and I was given early retirement.

I still miss the busy all-consuming life (wouldnt now of course, I’d be WFH) and not yet worked out how to structure my time !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I work 21 hours over 3 days in a school. Don’t really get a lunch break. I refuse to do extra work unless it’s paid overtime, as I am either deducted hours or have to make them up if I have any time off, so I won’t give them time either.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I’m a manager for a big pub company and I’m contracted to 48 hrs 5 days a week.
This is realistic in the winter but from May to September it’s usually 65-70 hrs 7 days a week.
The amount of unpaid hours they’ve had off me over the past 30 years,i could retire on.
Tracy x
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Contracted for 37.5, usually only take half my lunch hour so ends up about 40. But as we deal with multiple time zones, there will often be instances of starting early or finishing late. Don't get overtime for this but my boss is very good at "you worked late yesterday, so leave early today" time management so feel like it balances out.

However all bets are off around project deadline time. It's as many hours as needed to get it out the door - 60+ isn't unusual if the project was behind. Those periods usually end up with time in lieu being granted though.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I (pre covid) dropped the youngest at achool (oldest gets a bus to high school) for 9 and drove a few mins along to work then left to pick him up at about 2.50 3 days a week, just increased my days to 4 in office and 1 from home then lockdown. I aim for 30 hours a week (took no breaks in the office and often answer emails etc at home), I'm incredibly lucky that my work managed ok through covid and have a hugely busy year coming up and that they're super flexible with me. I get to work from home in school holidays. I'm also hourly paid so they pay for anything extra I do, just basic rate but that's ok.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m self employed and work at least 55 hours a week, 7.30am to 6.30pm every day.
I’m a childminder so no breaks.

Plus extra training some evenings, not every week but a few times a year.

Then I’ve a lot of paperwork to do, preparing crafts/activities for the little ones, messages and calls from parents, plus a lot of cleaning every day when they go home, especially at the moment.

I love my job, I don’t know if I could go back to being employed by someone again.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Over 60 hours in a standard week but that’s 39weeks a year and work a lot less in the holidays. Don’t really get a lunch break.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List