Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jan 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Morrison’s to pay £10 per hour

So the headlines is morrisons is to pay £10 per hour. The only problem is some staff will get less pay. With the announcement they said they where replacing the yearly bonus that could be worth 3%. Each store gets a mystery shopper each month and if they pass they get 0.25% so 3 over the year for good ones. Is you are a rubbish store the staff will get a pay increase but if you are a good store and your staff are good then you will get a pay cut. So don’t always believe the headlines
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Even at £10 an hour it’s still not a great wage for shift work including weekends and bank holidays (plus the covid risk). So 40 hours a week is £20,800 a year less tax national insurance, pension contribution. I do appreciate how hard many supermarket staff work and often dealing with ungrateful people who get stroppy because they can’t fill their trolley up with toilet rolls

Edited at 01:51 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

having a confirmed amount in your pay is far better than relying on everyone to work to a high standard to please a mystery shopper.

Morrisons said for the majority of its workers the pay increase will be approximately 9%.

Part of the increase will result from changing the company's annual bonus scheme from a discretionary yearly payment into a guaranteed amount in workers' hourly rates.

It will boost the weekly pay of someone working 36.75 hours a week from £330.10 to £367.50.

Union members still need to approve the deal. The result will be announced on 12 February and, if accepted, the new rates will be paid from 5 April 2021.
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Even at £10 an hour it’s still not a great wage for shift work including weekends and bank holidays (plus the covid risk). So 40 hours a week is £20,800 a year less tax national insurance, pension contribution. I do appreciate how hard many supermarket staff work and often dealing with ungrateful people who get stroppy because they can’t fill their trolley up with toilet rolls
I agree

I thought it was a joke

All supermarket shop workers deserve a lot more than that - especially at the moment. I seriously thought they would be on 150% of that ie £15 an hour or more. Kudos to them for turning up to work for under £10 an hour - I am not sure I would at the moment (being honest - its under the London living wage amount )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think my son gets nearly £10 a hour at Asda, he can do lots of overtime if he wants. I think Asda are great two years running he’s had the whole of Christmas, New Years off and went back on the 3rd Jan. All his co workers know Christmas means a lot to him so they all cover his shifts so he can eat rubbish and PlayStation and watch films!
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The average contracted amount of hours worked in store is 16. Full time work disappeared to reduce NI costs for the employer!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I think my son gets nearly £10 a hour at Asda, he can do lots of overtime if he wants. I think Asda are great two years running he’s had the whole of Christmas, New Years off and went back on the 3rd Jan. All his co workers know Christmas means a lot to him so they all cover his shifts so he can eat rubbish and PlayStation and watch films!
As a bonus he got a box of family circle and a tube of smarties which isn’t so good!
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
having a confirmed amount in your pay is far better than relying on everyone to work to a high standard to please a mystery shopper.

Morrisons said for the majority of its workers the pay increase will be approximately 9%.

Part of the increase will result from changing the company's annual bonus scheme from a discretionary yearly payment into a guaranteed amount in workers' hourly rates.

It will boost the weekly pay of someone working 36.75 hours a week from £330.10 to £367.50.

Union members still need to approve the deal. The result will be announced on 12 February and, if accepted, the new rates will be paid from 5 April 2021.
Relying on everyone to work to a high standard benefit the store and the customers. If there is no incentive to work to a high standard then watch standard fall.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I agree

I thought it was a joke

All supermarket shop workers deserve a lot more than that - especially at the moment. I seriously thought they would be on 150% of that ie £15 an hour or more.
Firefighters barely earn £15ph or other skilled workers.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Firefighters barely earn £15ph or other skilled workers.
Sorry, I have missed the point you were trying to make

Its not enough by far for front line workers. I MY view
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List