Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Apr 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Recommendations please for airport hotel at Manchester

We haven't flown from Manchester for a few years now and I'm looking for new reviews on good places to stay.

The last couple of times we stayed at the Radisson but after checking the prices for next year I will be looking elsewhere, I think they've lost the plot

We are happy to travel a max of 30 minutes in the morning so will look at guest houses too.

Last year we flew from Birmingham and we found a great place, but you can't fly virgin from there

Thanks
Tracey

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nikkers
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

I always ya the premier inns. In my opinion the better one is the one nearest the road ( not that white one) great pub nearby called the Romper for tea 👍🏼
Nikkers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsthebigkid
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

We are staying at cresta court (best western) in Altrincham. It was a good price with parking included and on site! They also do a taxi to and from the airport (can remember if small fee for this?)

Reviews are ok on TripAdvisor. Close to Manchester if you want to pop in apparently.

Haven’t actually stayed there yet but happy to update when we stay in July before our flight ;-)
mumsthebigkid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Premier Inn at Handforth (about 3 miles from airport and free parking). Great pub attached (nice food and beer), only downside was room for quite hot and no air con.

Other than that was good for ~£55.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We’ve stayed at the Clayton which has a free shuttle but is still a little pricey but nice.

There are 3 premier inns very close to the airport. Runger Lane South, Runger Lane North and Heald Green. We will have stayed in all of them after our October trip. It’s about £10 each way to get to them in a taxi but we got our room for £30 so it’s worth that extra cost. Heald Green also can be got to by train from Man Airport (only 5 mins and 1 stop away)

There’s also a Hilton which is nice and a Crowne plaza.

Kat

Edited at 01:20 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Another vote for Premier Inn Runger Lane. Both the Runger Lane north and Runger Lane south share a car park, they are opposite each other.

South has 2 King sized beds and a shower room, North has the usual Premier Inn family room set up of 1 King and then 2 single beds.

Dh is a worrier, so he likes to stay close enough that should he need to he can walk

Food wise we take a room picnic! It is how we always start our holiday with an M&S sandwich.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mumsthebigkid View Post
We are staying at cresta court (best western) in Altrincham. It was a good price with parking included and on site! They also do a taxi to and from the airport (can remember if small fee for this?)

Reviews are ok on TripAdvisor. Close to Manchester if you want to pop in apparently.

Haven’t actually stayed there yet but happy to update when we stay in July before our flight ;-)
Good to hear you are staying in Altrincham. Hotel is basic but good enough. It has a nice bar but please DO NOT eat in the restaurant. I am happy to offer recommendations in the Altrincham area. Just let me know.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

there is a great little hotel about two miles away called The Bulls Head in Hale Barns.Its attached to a lovely pub too. It might be cheaper because its not a huge chain! Worth a look
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We are firm believers in Premier inn as we get breakfast there. 2 Adults at a tenner each with kids eating free is significantly cheaper than 2 airside breakfasts !
This significantly offsets the cost of the room.
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

We always stay at the Crowne Plaza and book a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast deal with parking which always works out a good price for us. I think we paid £180 last time. You get £20 voucher per person for food and drink the night before.

Really comfortable and quiet hotel.