Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Dec 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mummabluberry
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We arrived at DHS at 07.45 yesterday on opening day of ROTR and was allocated boarding group 76. I believe 130 ish boarding groups were allocated before they closed applications for the day. We finally got on at about 4pm. The boarding group system worked efficiently and current status was displayed around the park and and on the app.
mummabluberry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mummabluberry View Post
We arrived at DHS at 07.45 yesterday on opening day of ROTR and was allocated boarding group 76. I believe 130 ish boarding groups were allocated before they closed applications for the day. We finally got on at about 4pm. The boarding group system worked efficiently and current status was displayed around the park and and on the app.
How long did you spend physically queuing ?
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Looks like I may be wandering over to HWS at 6 am in 2 weeks to bag a place. I’m not clear how this works- do you have to be inside HWS to book it? Is there queuing for the ride once booked? I heard on here it’s 2000 an hour, but it didn’t look to handle much on the videos.
Yes you have to be right inside the park to join a boarding group.
The good news is you don’t have to stay there. You can leave the park or stay while you’re in the virtual queue.
Once your boarding group is called you have a two hour window to show up at the ride.

This is a screenshot I took before 8 am. Land Status - open was the only way we knew that it was open, everything else had the normal park hours

I took this one at 9:33 after we’d been allocated a boarding group. That option is now greyed out. By 9 am there were no more boarding groups.

When you go into My Status it looks like this:

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Just wondering if you don't use technology how can you get a boarding pass ?
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
Just wondering if you don't use technology how can you get a boarding pass ?
You can't and there is no standby queue.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

For those who are out there trying to get a pass here is something you may want to try. Install FAKE GPS on your android phone and set it as if you are in HS, then you can try and join a party even before getting in the park. This worked in Cali , only reason i can see it not working here is if they also do a check against your ticket and see if your in the park with that as well.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Is it good ? I was looking for something to read during my New Years getaway
Very good- a very detailed look at the development of WDW and many of the problems that they faced.
Old 6 Dec 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think anyone who really expected the park to open at 9 today has never tracked Disney. It was inevitable crowds would gather from dark o clock and inevitable they would be let in. I’d have been there at 6am. Those people that invested that time got the prize. Good for them IMO!
Old 6 Dec 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovewdw View Post
You can't and there is no standby queue.
No standby queue ? Yikes that’s a bit harsh
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
For those who are out there trying to get a pass here is something you may want to try. Install FAKE GPS on your android phone and set it as if you are in HS, then you can try and join a party even before getting in the park. This worked in Cali , only reason i can see it not working here is if they also do a check against your ticket and see if your in the park with that as well.
According to TouringPlans YouTube video you have to tap into the park for it to let you book a slot. Which would make sense as not everyone will have the app / charged phone / data and so on...