Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Dec 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
How long is the average wait once you join the line with your boarding group?
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MissMayhem
Earning More Ears

We got there at 5.45am yesterday. They let us in at 6:30am and we got a boarding group within 5 mins. Boarding was at about 7:30am. Off the ride by 8:30am
MissMayhem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I suspect they will... but no one really knows...
I expect they will as if you're stood in a queue you're not spending money. If you're out and about more chance to get food (spending money) doing another experience or shopping (spending money). The longer you're queuing the less chance you have of spending money.
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Yes Disney have started to be more clear but since they open ROTR this has not been in the case over the last week with many people expecting a 9am opening to find out on waking up at 6am the park was not only letting guests into the park all the rides where up and running - which demonstrates that was always the plan. Everyone should have a chance to ride not just those in the know - or with a crystal ball.
Yes, I realise prior to today Disney hadn't made things clear and it wasn't very good of Disney to change things without telling people. That was a bit of a mess.

Just trying to clarify to everyone else that Disney has now changed the official opening time on their official park hours pages to 7am. It no longer says 8am or 9am (as others quoted). That was all. Otherwise, I can see people reading this being confused what with all the times being mentioned.

The parks have often opened up sometime before the official opening time. I've been into Epcot and Animal Kingdom about 20 minutes before it was due to officially open in the past. So opening before the official opening time is not unusual, especially during the first few days after a new popular ride opens. However, the 6:30-ish opening is a little earlier than expected (15 to 20 mins earlier is more normal).

Still, I agree that it is a very good idea to point out to any DIBBers over there at the moment that HS is currently opening at 6:30am or thereabouts. And that they need to be there around that time in order to get a "boarding pass" and join the incredibly long virtual queue. Better to be forewarned than not!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:32 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn't realise the park was opening so much earlier. We don't go until the end of April and HWS is the only Disney park on our plan.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I didn't realise the park was opening so much earlier. We don't go until the end of April and HWS is the only Disney park on our plan.
It's only opening really early at the moment because RotR has just opened and people are eager to ride it.

I suspect before April it'll be back to opening at the usual time (9am). That's what's shown on Disney's website anyway.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

I remember when we went to Animal Kingdom 2 years ago and we couldn’t get fastpasses for Avatar. We got to AK about 5am when official opening was at 7am and believe me we weren’t the only ones there. They let us in about 6am and walked us into Pandora, we were on the ride by 6:30 and off just before 7 so this isn’t something new for Disney to open the parks earlier than advertised.
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

No crystal ball needed with respect. This type of hype always results in a very early park opening. It has been available to all so the only thing anyone needed was the motivation to get up and hustle. The maths is there are a limited number of spaces a day. The reality is the early bird catches the worm. I feel kind of sorry I’m not there to hustle this out. I love a new ride scram. It’s exciting!
Old 13 Dec 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lacrymosa146
Getting Excited

Do you think that the park will still be opening unexpectedly early towards the end of January?

We plan to visit the park on Tuesday 21st January. The park opens at 8am. This is the only day we will be going there in the morning. The earliest we can probably get to the park is 7.30am so a bit concerned we won't even get a boarding pass. We will be gutted if we can't ride it!
lacrymosa146 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So we are now waiting to ride ROTR. We arrived at the park at 4:45 and there we people already waiting at the security check. They opened the security check at 5am and then we waiting at the magic band scan machines till 6:20. We were about 30 back from the front.

We got boarding group 25 and are now boarding at 8:25. All boarding passes had gone by 7:15 and the park officially opened at 7am.

I guess the “takeaway” from this is “you snooze, you lose”